Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will SS muffler fit my omega?

Pyrex

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
Quad tip (non afm) will fit, as they are on my Omega ute right now.
Fitting took a fair bit of stuffing around including reversing the mounts, and shimming with washers and longer bolts.
There is not much clearance but it can be done (no rattles).
AS for drone, absolutely none with the manual ute, I could not hear any difference from in the car.
The ute now has extractors and 2.5 inch cats and mace tune and still not loud or droney in the cab.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
I found that until I got cats and extractors my exhaust droned pretty badly but once I had them put on the car got a little louder, lost all it's drone and the note changed a little.

Going from a 3/10 to an 8/10

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Guys help would really be appreciated. As you know the omega ute rear bar is different to the sv6/ss ute rear bar therefore having a smaller gap for muffler tip. I am wanting to know if a stock quad tip SS exhaust will fit in the gap the omega rear bar has or if someone could measure the overall width of the tips? cheers!

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Oh right all good then. Still won't fit my bumper though

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
utes have longer tailpipes so make sure you get them from a ute, the sedan and wagon are shorter

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Yeah mate was aware of that but damn holden gave the omega ute a different rear bumper than sv6 even though i have the exact same 195kw v6 as the sv6 and 2 exhausts :/