Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Willo's SV6 on 20's

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Impulse Blue SV6- now lowered

393715_2720168336054_1612410603_2413323_1440417065_n.jpgIMG_0092.jpgIMG_0094.jpgIMG_0095.jpg

After reading a lot of other people's posts about their cars I thought I'd show you my new and very first Commodore.

The car is Stock engine wise with a 2.5 inch Manta Cat Back Exhaust with a single twin tip dump which gives it a nice note.

It is a 190Kw SV6 6 Speed Manual with 118,000km on the clock in Impulse Blue!

Rims: 20 inch BBOSS Eleanor running on some Achilles ATR Sports, these are very impressive tires for anyone on a budget.

Stereo: I have now replaced the stock deck with a Clarion one with AUX in and a USB cable out the back which goes into my glove box it is connected to 2 amps (one running a set of 6.5" Type S Splits in the front and a 1400Watt Mono Block running 2 Type S 900Watt subs) and a set of 6.5" Type S speakers in the rear doors.

Suspension is stock standard but ill be throwing in some SL King Springs soon.

Pretty sure that's it.

Future mods include:
Manifold Insulators
LED Lighting throughout the car in Blue (PART DONE)
Custom painted interior. Any Ideas??
Extractors and high flow cats.
Lowered on SL King Springs (Ordered)
Debadging and painting the front lion Impulse Blue ( Debadged, just need to paint the front Lion)
SS Flutes
Smoked tail lights (Ordered)
Remove Spoiler (Done)
Intercooled Supercharger from Raptor

I know it's a V6 (I did read the ad before i bought it) I am going more for a show car appearance than a performance car.

So this is my Commodore, all feedback and comments and information about these things is very welcome.
Cheers

Willo

Last edited:

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Looks pretty nice there mate :)

Sometimes I miss my oldv6 vy calais, she was a awesome car

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Yeah this is my pride and joy, cannot stop driving it ey

sexyvz

Sexy VZ in the making.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
very nice indeed. :)

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Update

I removed the spoiler off the boot and planning to buy a senator boot lip with a custom brake light moulded into it.
Debadged the side badges and rear badges, planning to paint them gloss black and put them higher up the boot, for a different look to other SV6's

Hoping to get the ASR dash conversion done in the coming weeks (before the end of feb).
and also lowered all round on SL springs.
Cheers

Willo

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Sounds good man... you will love the ASR conversion, changes the whole look inside the car!

Now that all the badges are off, you should get some WK side indicators from Holden - only about $50 for the pair. they look bett6er IMO, check out my thread for pics :)

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
ffs, this reply thing hardly works!

i wrote a nice long story but cbf writing it again.
cheers for the comment, i plan to put some blue indicators on and ss tail lights. the ASR conversion has to wait as my rear tires gave way at the inner walls. $520 down the drain
is $650 alright for lowering on SL?

also am i better off buying some springs from ...... (i dont know the best places in perth to buy springs) and do it myself and get the new tires fitted at the same time i get the wheels aligned to suit the new suspension