Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window help?!

Dan0s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys

My rear passenger side window wont work, its stuck half way up. So I dont even want to drive anywhere just in case it rains.
The switch doesnt light up green like on the other window. Does anyone know how to fix the problem, like a fuse?
Or is there a way i can manually get the window up

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Mine did that once, but it came good within a few minutes on it's own. Hasn't done it since.

Dan0s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Mines been like that for about 2 days so i dont think thats the problem sadly

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
check the fuses under the drivers kick panel, maybe the switch is dead or the winding motor cooked?

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
If it was a fuse, then most likely none of the windows would work.

I'm assuming you've tried pulling upwards on the window while pressing the button, if not give that a shot, could just be stuck. It could also be the contacts inside the switch. Pop it out and see if you can remove the button plastic without breaking anything. Clean the contacts up with some fine-ish sandpaper (800-1000 grit should be coarse enough) and make sure they are touching properly. Be sure not to bridge the contacts in a way they arn't supposed to, as in using a screwdriver etc, as you'll make a nice little spark which could end up blowing the fuse.

At the same time check as much of the wire as you can to make sure there are no burnt parts or breaks in the wire.
If this fails it could be the motor, sourcing one from eBay would probably be your cheapest route, or get a second hand one from the wreckers.
I don't have much experience with the innards of the door, but you could take the door trim off and there's probably some way you could perhaps disengage the motor in order to manually slide the window up and hold it in place.

Hope you can get it sorted mate.