Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window rattle

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
drivers window rattles, same with passengers. sounds like window, then sometimes sounds like its inside the door. got other rattles around the car as well. someone help me fix them. post up as many fixes to vt or vx rattles that you know of. cheers

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
nah, when its closed mate. If it happens when its down I can't hear it over the wind anyway. and yeah, electric. yes I have adjusted the window stops, no better

Reactions: cae

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
nah man, won't be the speaker. If it was, the rattle would get worse as the volume goes up. I'm pretty sure its just the pop rivets on the window reg have come a bit loose, so its rattling around a bit. ill have a really good look when exams are done. also there is a bit of noise from the window rubbers. if anyone has any other suggestions, throw them at me, and thanks for your input aussie :) any rattles in your Calais?

mark611

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt ss series 2
check glove box and put a bit of electric tape on the latch until it closes without a rattle

Reactions: cae

VTandVB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exe V6 and VB sl V8
is it a series 1 VT? if so youll prob have to put up with it i have the same issue and after doing some reading into it it seems the door and window seals in vt's are bad from factory

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Take your door trim off and check the two points where the regulator is attached to the window. It is common for the little white guides to break causing rattling or for the window to come off the regulator. These things are a few dollars each and look like little nutriti grain. There is a third one towards the back of the door on the inside.

Also sometimes people install new window regulators and use nuts and bolts instead of rivets. These nuts and bolts can rattle loose over time causing the regulator to rattle against the door.