Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window rattle

speedyssv308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V8 BT1/VP V6 BT1/VT Berlina V6/VT Exec V6
I know this is an old message but people are still looking for a solution. I may of cracked the problem.
remove the door card (inside bit)- If you don't know how to do it there are others that have it covered.
Run your finger along the glass facing edge of the sill and you will feel slightly raised metal tabs, this is the problem

Gently use a small flat head screwdriver to bent the tabs back until they are a mm or 2 further back than the sill. Problem solved.

Put ya door back together.

Go for a drive and marvel at how quiet the car seems.

I have only done this with one door so far but seems to work a treat.

DISCAIMER

If you damage your car don't come cryin' to me. I only offered a possible solution, I didn't tell ya to do it.

MR VXS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS2 Dual Fuel Wagon
Can you show some pics on the next door you do by any chance? The little metal tabs**

Cheers

speedyssv308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry Mate, the other door has already been done. But as a side note I replace the regulator on the first door and everything tightened up even more - no noise at all anymore. Will be replacing the other regulator sooner or later, I will post some pics of the clips when I open the door up again.

speedyssv308

Reaction score
Members Ride
If my above fix has not worked try this fix. Drill out the two bottom rivets holding the regulator in place. then slide, push or pull a couple of washers in between the door frame and regulator. Position them where the rivets were. Tighten the regulator back up with nuts and bolts to replace the rivets. This adds a little more clearance between the glass and the regulator arms helping to remove the dreaded rattle. One minor side affect of this mod is the window will tighten up a bit if the washer(s) are to thick and the rattle will remain if they are too thin. So a bit of testing may be needed.