Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Tint & Bonnet protector - Ralph's ongoing questions

Ralph

Reaction score
Not wanting to start another thread (at risk of shitting the mods being the 'new guy). How does one tell when there SSV is in AFM mode? I am researching it, looked at the manual, i can't see anything about it ? I thought there might be a light or something that shows its kicked back to 4 cylinders? Also wanted to read up on it a bit more.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Not wanting to start another thread (at risk of shitting the mods being the 'new guy). How does one tell when there SSV is in AFM mode? I am researching it, looked at the manual, i can't see anything about it ? I thought there might be a light or something that shows its kicked back to 4 cylinders? Also wanted to read up on it a bit more.

Just the sound really. No light or indicator because with VE's people would come in every 5 mins and whine why AFM is working here but isn't working on a different hill with different loading (go figure).

Ralph

Reaction score
Just the sound really. No light or indicator because with VE's people would come in every 5 mins and whine why AFM is working here but isn't working on a different hill with different loading (go figure).

Is that the same with the VF ? I am so mechanically dumb, I've tried to listen out for it a couple of times... havent been able to work it out... assume though when i am on the highway at 110kmh its kicked in.

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Great feedback lads... decision made i think... take the protector off (after my trip to melb in a couple of weeks). Tint... go darkest legal. Won't look as nice as the 20% but i am cautious guy.. so have the same view if darker then legal risks insurance then its no dice.

I actually want to pout the bonnet protector on my mine. Got 2 little chips out of the bonnet last week.

Oh and Ive got a black vf with 15% tint, looks great!