Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WINDOW TINt

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
don't go tint a car dude, theres plenty other places way cheaper and the same quality.If you live in Melbourne, Professional window tint in dandy is pretty good, he charges $200 for a four door and does all dark shades down to 5%

P.S. 15% is pretty dark and way illegal, try 20% to be a little safer

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
%15 really isn't that dark. Have a chat to Teppa on this forum, He's based in Frankston area from memory and will do a bloody good price on any darkness you want, with lifetime guarantee. He did mine maybe 6 months ago, Highly recommended.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Yep costs more.
In canberra it costs
$249 - 35%
$299 - 25%
$349 - $15%
$399 - 5%

Guess certain tint companies are different, i got 20% all round & only got charged $280 from Solartint here in Castle Hill.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Mate, if you wanna go darker you will asking for trouble from the cops. It'll cost you shedloads more to get it all taken off, and then the legal one put back on. they won't just give you a fine either, they will yellow sticker your car for being "unroadworthy", then they will go over the whole lot and you could be up for so much more.

Not worth doing it, unless you have unlimited funds coming in from somewhere and a whole heap of spare time to do it..........

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
What's the deal with it being illegal? we can see out of it easily enough. why do the cops mind so much? the front windscreen doesnt get tinted or nything so doesnt impair our vision.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
What's the deal with it being illegal? we can see out of it easily enough. why do the cops mind so much? the front windscreen doesnt get tinted or nything so doesnt impair our vision.

its not the police's choice. its due to the ADRs, police just have to enforce it.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
It's also so that the police can easily see thru your car windows and see if you are doing the right thing or not, ie: wearing seatbelts, not using a mobile whilst driving, making sure only the amount of people are in the car that the car is registered for etc etc.

Alot of these things aren't turned into rules just to pee you off or to make your life difficult, alot of it is to make sure that you are doing the right thing and to keep you safe if you aren't.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
It's also so that the police can easily see thru your car windows and see if you are doing the right thing or not, ie: wearing seatbelts, not using a mobile whilst driving, making sure only the amount of people are in the car that the car is registered for etc etc.

Alot of these things aren't turned into rules just to pee you off or to make your life difficult, alot of it is to make sure that you are doing the right thing and to keep you safe if you aren't.

I suppose thats their purpose. Just I always have seatbelt on etc and now I can't have more than midnight express :p

I don't care about the cops .. just don't want every stupid baboon looking in :banstick:

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
its a lot harder to see out at night time, my mate had a VT clubby with 5% all round, between the tint and that rear spoiler, goodluck trying to back out of car spots and see if anyone is behind. 15% not that much darker and I beleive on any vehicle you can go for 20% on the back, in saying that, i've always had 20% all around and the cops have never picked it, they cant check on the spot and usually wont even bother if you are not being a smart ass.