Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen issue

BlueSSV_Scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Either of those, contamination during production, pressure issues in the autoclave or it's come into contact with a chemical that disagrees with the mylar (methanol/alcohol will dissolve it). Made right, weather won't bother it a bit, it's laminated at 11 atmospheres and 150c.

I have to admit though I think the precedence is on the rise due to lazy car manufacturing methods, leaving exposed edges with some cheap foam dam, vs. the old days where the edge had a mould and was all polyurethaned in together, even if some de-lam occurs, it won't travel and you won't see it, therefore it's a non issue. That said in 10 years I've seen very little comparatively.

Back when I worked a windscreen/laminated glass plant in Adelaide, one of the funniest things I ever saw was when a tech in the lam room obviously sneezed or coughed and it must have escaped the mask/suit. A windscreen is a giant Petri dish. In 12 hours it was the windscreen of growing bacterial grossness. We sent it through the oven at 1000c just to be sure and obliterated the damn thing.

Wow sounds very interesting, so aslong as i get it replaced and make sure they do a proper job and dont cheap on anything i shouldnt see this issue again. thanks heaps for the help. And that last part sounds nasty haha