Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen Plenum Not Sitting Right

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
So I noticed on my VU SS that the lower windscreen plenum (cover) is not sitting flat with the windscreen glass. I see there is a hook underneath and I have tried pushing it downwards so that is holds in place but no luck. What could be the cause or fix for this?
Cheers.

Attachments

• 20230824_120012.jpg
    20230824_120012.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 88

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It looks to me like your bonnet is too far back, it should be in line with the guard.
I know it has nothing to do with your question, but I thought I would point it out anyway.
Edit: Forget what I said, on second glance it appears that your bonnet might be open.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
No worries at all. Yeah my bonnet is up. The car is low km and untouched from factory and is in pristine condition. Thanks for the input.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s missing the rubber seal that goes along the edge between the glass and the cover.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wait. There’s the seal.
It looks to be too far to the drivers side.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
Wait. There’s the seal.
It looks to be too far to the drivers side.
Yeah I have pulled it back so I could better see under the plastic plenum. Not too worried about it as it is sitting 80% flush with the windscreen. It's on the passenger side too.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, not the seal. The plenum cover. It should be over more.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
Yeah I see what you mean, it moves a little from side to side but needs to be sitting up higher a touch up the windscreen, it just won't clip into place though.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It needs to come towards the bottom of the photo.

Has the wiper assembly been removed and refitted? Check that’s fitted right. Also, have some tabs broken off?

Also that new paint looks good. Why not paint the cover. Scrub with scotchbrite and wax remover. Coat of plastic primer. Coat of satin black.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
It needs to come towards the bottom of the photo.

Has the wiper assembly been removed and refitted? Check that’s fitted right. Also, have some tabs broken off?

Also that new paint looks good. Why not paint the cover. Scrub with scotchbrite and wax remover. Coat of plastic primer. Coat of satin black.
Yeah I have removed it before to clean underneath as the car is super clean. Also the vehicle is all original paint and the plenum does not need painting as it is exactly what it looked like from factory. It is a VU SS with only 80,000km and all stock and original which is rare these days.

Might disassemble it soon, its not a big issue nor can you notice it from afar, I am simply just fussy with my cars as the vehicle looks like it just rolled off the production line.

Thanks for the input anyway.