Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen washer

MrP7ckles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
hey guys,

My second hand new Vf commodore is pumping water straight on to the ground on the drivers side of the front bumper. Anyone have any idea on where it could be coming out or had similar issues. I thought everything for the windscreen washer was on the passenger side hence why I'm a little confused.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Tube that supplies the jets is on the driver side. Also above the headlight is a brether tube that will dump any water in the bottle thats higher. I found the latter having fallen to be the reason why I couldn’t get much water in my bottle…Thank you Physics…

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
You might have a split tube or a tube that is about to come off completely from the pump. Getting to the washer bottle means getting a bit dirty. The worst-case scenario is the reservoir has a crack or split. There are plastic welding putties available, but to be effective the reservoir has to be entirely removed and dried before starting. It could still leak. I speak from experience with a leaking reservoir in a VZ Executive wagon; a tiny split that would not heal or plug a persistent leak.

Anyways, start by driving the car up onto front wheel ramps to allow access to the lower front asembly.
With the ront of the car up on ramps, unscrew the lower tray from the front assembly; after this, you will see the windscreen wiper bottle and pump, and can service from there. It might sound like fun, but complete disassembly of the front end is not required for servicing the wiper bottle, yet I have heard of people doing just that!

If any part of the tubing is split, cut off the split and either reconnect to the pump or, if too short, use a new length of tubing and an inline connector.

In passing mention, VF Commodore wagons have a history of blocked/non-functioning rear window nozzles.

MrP7ckles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
yea i thought it had something to do with the pump but the water was coming out of the drivers side when pump is running. Will have a closer look on the weekend just wanting some ideas before pulling things apart that dont need to be.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Put the front of the car on ramps, remove the lower splash tray, and you should be able to see the washer system.
Get someone to fill the reservoir, you should be able to see where it leaks from.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
hey guys,

My second hand new Vf commodore is pumping water straight on to the ground on the drivers side of the front bumper. Anyone have any idea on where it could be coming out or had similar issues. I thought everything for the windscreen washer was on the passenger side hence why I'm a little confused.

my VF HSV did that a year or so ago
water was coming out behind the drivers side headlight

the tube going to the washer outlet has a join and it had been spat off
.. pushed it back on, did the same thing.! spat the tube off the joiner again!

got some stainless lock wire and wired secured it on... no more leak :)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If it is a crack in the washer bottle, a strip of roofing flash-tac over the split. Cheap fix which worked for me.