Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Calais Leather Seat ( Drivers Side ) In Ve Omega

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
The original berlina black power plug has 4 slots in it, two containing red/black wires, and the other containing the seat belt switch power and some other cable i'm not sure what it does.

The calais V seats have this same black plug with identical wiring, as well as the additional white plug which has 6 wires, one red and one black, and a bunch of random colours including green orange and some others I forget. I'm thinking you just need to tap power into the white plug (dunno about earth as well) and you get full power, but not the memory module functions etc. It seems the power circuit isn't completed if the white plug isn't plugged in.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Arent the Calais leather seats and the Calais v leather seats the same ? Or there different ?

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Calais/calaisV seats are the same shape, but calais seats only have partial leather/cloth trim (leather on the bolsters only) while calaisV is full leather.

The leather quality is good, far better than omega/berlina leather u can option. Not quite as good as caprice tho.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Let me know how you go Veberlina and if you can get all the electrics in the seat working as im planning on doing the same thing too soon

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
I just got the official VE service manual, read through the section on electric seats. Basically with the calais seats, they get power through the memory module. They don't get power straight through the motors as do the normal omega/berlina seats. So as long as the electrician can wire power to the memory module it should be fine. Got a guy who reckons he can do it, and i'll bring the wiring diagrams to him and see how it goes. The only functionality I should be missing is the memory functions in the mirrors that are connected to the individual car keys. I think I should also be able to get memory working in the seat as the memory module itself stores the memory of the seat position - has nothing to do with the cars' BCM or anything like that.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
So your saying you have to connect the power plug to the memory module then from the memory module another plug plugs into the seat mate ? How does it work ?

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Not sure, but power has to get to the memory module somehow, and it's connected to that white plug or something. As it stands memory module has no power so no movement. Will see what the electrician says. In the manual it seems the white plug mostly has a data link to the BCM and links to the electric mirrors from the memory module, so the white plug isn't that important. But I think it somehow powers the memory module too so...

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Keep us notified how you go with the electrician.

If you took the car to holden, could they do it but possibly charge you an arm and a leg for it ?

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Holden were my first point of call but were useless, they tried to convince me it couldn't be done (despite this poster saying to the contrary), then refused to help me out with it in any event. I think this is part of their policy of trying to keep the models separate from each other to encourage more sales.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
How you go today mate with the auto elec ? Did he manage to rig up something so all electrics work on the seat ?