Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Statesman - various bits in brisbane info/help needed

GTR27

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Well, I bought a WL statesman (with 5.7L) that I will pick up later this week (prob wed/thurs). There are quite a few things im planning to do with the car when I get it including

* Cat back exhaust
johnboy has given me a link for a place that does great price exhausts. Cat back only at this stage as i'm at uni and including the car have to stay within a certain budget for car inc mods and I want to do all service items before power items.

* Full service - Engine oil/flush/filters/plugs etc (inc a K&N) (doing this myself). Taking it to a trans place for full tranny flush/pan/filter & band checking) Anything in particular i need to look for when i'm doing this? I'm thinking of buying a GTS Maf pipe and doing a 2 hole mod at the same time (much cheaper than a OTR for 90% of the gains) - How hard is a tranny cooler to fit (anyone have a good how to thread?) and what should I look for?

* Tow bar - I want a 2.1T towbar fitted (its a pain in the arse job i'd sooner pay someone else to do it ha ha!) so far had a quote of $880 inc towbar/ball/wiring/fitting. Anyone have suggestions that may beat that price? (with square 50x50 slide out part)

Once all the above done - some sort of tune. Not sure if i'm going to do a oztrack remote tune (with handheld you send back with logs etc) or take it to power torque for a dyno tune. Drivability and economy valued over the very last rwkw. Looking for best bang for buck - I will only ever use 98 in this car.

Down the track (next 6 months) I will get the suspension done (Shocks/bushes tie rods etc). Dont really need it lowered as I want to be able to tow reasonably (although I wont be towing often) and its my wifes car so needs to get in and out of car parks ok. Then next on the list will be slotted rotors and brakes. Then I will re-vist the exhaust and get extractors and cats and a touch up tune. If the wife approves, it will be diff gears and I think that will be it ha ha.

Bit of a long term plan that I want to work on myself over the next year or two, but happy with a pimp mobile style of cruiser car.

EDIT: will put up pics once I have the car and have tidied it up :)

GTR27

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
I have some pre-tidy up pics - how do i show them on this forum?