Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rob wm ls3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 am caprice
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could shead some light on my problem. My heater in my 2008 wm caprice is blowing hot air from the passenger side and cold air from the drivers side and rear seats. The actuator on the drivers side seems to be working fine but it's still blowing out cold air. Has anyone had a similar issue with the heaters with tri zone climate control? Any help would be much appreciated

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Tri zone and dual zone pretty much work the same. The difference is only an actuator fitted to what is a blanked off part of the dual zone HVAC housing.

I really wish I got more detailed photos of how they went together.

It will be a faulty actuator at play.
Actuators can be swapped. They are the same throughout.

All functions are operated via doors and flaps that the actuators operate. A worn actuator might still turn but not operate the doors attached to it.

Rob wm ls3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 am caprice
Tri zone and dual zone pretty much work the same. The difference is only an actuator fitted to what is a blanked off part of the dual zone HVAC housing.

I really wish I got more detailed photos of how they went together.

It will be a faulty actuator at play.
Actuators can be swapped. They are the same throughout.

All functions are operated via doors and flaps that the actuators operate. A worn actuator might still turn but not operate the doors attached to it.
Thanks mate I will search for a set of actuators