Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM DVD player issue

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Hi all,

More often than not, the sound from the DVD player in my WM Caprice doesn't come thru the normal speakers when playing in non headphone mode. About half of the time, it is silent, the other half, the sound only comes out of the left channel.

I've reset the system a number fo times (by pulling the fuse inn the boot).

The car is now out af warranty.... :)

Does anyone have anyideas?

thanks
Russell

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Try disconnecting the main plug to the CD/Radio HVAC box which sits behind the front facia (leave disconnected for 15mins). From memory you'll need to pull the drivers side plastic pannels off to gain access. Its not a big job...

When you restart the system you may get a security lockout message on screen. don't worry it should cycle through and pick up the security code from the BCM. Just turn the ignition off and restart. Had this happen to mine while fitting a new SIC module.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
No go HEXEM. I disconnected the main plug and removed the fuse (in the booot). Left it all for 30 mins, but still no sound from the right hand channel.

You mentioned in the other post about checking the aux in. Is this seperate to the main harness?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Yeah there are RCA leads going from the dvd unit (assuming its the factory one in the glovebox) running to the back of the HVAC box (the one with the big plug you took out).

There's a couple of other things you can try.

1. Remove the facia - to do this grab the bottom of the facia from underneath and pull firmly towards you. This will unplug the facia unit. Then simply replace by pushing it back on.
2. Go into audio options and check that the balance/fade controls are set correctly.... -- Maybe try that one first, but I am asuming you've done this already.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Mine's a series one Caprice, so it has the factory DVD in the roof in the rear, and factory GPS in the glovebox.

Just checked and I couldn't see any other plugs going into the HVAC. It's a bit tight, so I'm not sure that I could see everything though.

There are two plugs on the drivers side; the main large plug and a smaller one above it. Originally, I just pulled the larger main plug, with no result. I just pulled the other plug too, and I got the security message that you mentioned.

I've now unplugged both and will wait 30 odd minutes and see what happens....

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
hmm, ok fair enough.. Roof mounted DVD... Might be a little more difficult to fix without removing the unit... See how you go.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
No luck... :-(

Looks like I'm off to the dealership.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
have you checked the audio settings for balance control? and try removing the infotainment facia and putting it back on..

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Yep, first thingthat I checked was the balance. There's no sound when you mvoe to the right hand channel.

I'll go and try the facia now.