Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM DVD player issue

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
ummm, how do you get the facia off in a WM? There doesn't appear to be anywhere that you can grab it.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
umm, should be the same as whats in a Calais, SSV? You grap the bottom part of the facia and pull firmly towards you. I'll see if its the same as mine...

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
An Update...

Took some of the guys at work for a spin. Went to show them the problem, and the bloody thing is now working normal (all speakers work....)

Buggered if I know....

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Finally tracked down the problem.

The plug in the unit in the roof wasn't fully plugged in. It takes a fair bit of effort to get the plug to click in.

However, the drivers side head screen has now stopped working. (It was working two days ago) :-( And we're just about to drive to Queensland in two weeks time. The young bloke's not happy.

Would anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot/fix this one?

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
hi rjp,

sorry i cannot offer any help, but man i bought a calais v with the rear roof dvd and my screen wont turn on, not blaupunkt sign or anything, i think its the plug aswell but how do i re plug it in ive looked all around the screen all the wiring seems to be internal,

any help will be much apprecaited because the dvd plays through the front screen fine so i think its just a connection in the back screen!

thanks in advance

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Hi Clock,

The screens in my Caprice are in the head rests. I believe that your have one screen in the roof mounted DVD player itself.

They are slightly different in appearance.

To get to the plug, I gently pulled down on the surround around the DVD slot. It's firm, but it will come awy. This exposed the plug to the DVD unit itself. I then pushed the plugs together firmly. This may help yours.

Also, my system has the ability to turn the rear screens on and off. Not sure if yours does too. Might be something to check.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Rang the local dealer up today to ask for a price on a replacement screen. $1200 wtf!!!

Yep, that's only for the screen.

So I'd though that I'd check the current one to make sure that it actually is dead before I do anything by swapping the two screens over.

Problem is that I can't get the bottom of the surround to come off on the back of the head rests.

I've tried givig it a bloody hard reef, but it won't budge.

Any ideas anyone?

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
$1200 you should have said "I'm not after a 60" version"

Before I got my car I was looking at a 2003 7 series BMW. Other then the servicing the other issue is with the electronics. Any cars with electronics like the Caprice and to the less extent the Calais can be a pain if they have issues. Buy your kid an Ipad and be done with it !

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Managed to get the screens out. You dont take the facia off, you pull it forward and out of the way so that you can unscrew the four screws that hold the screen in. Then all you need to do is twist it so that it comes out. Simple really....

Swaped the two sides over and confirmed that the drivers screen is rooted. Curiously, when I had the passenger side screen in the drivers side, a security error came up on the screen. The same one that came up when the dealer had a look at the system early last year and swore that they didn't touch anything...

The young bloke's going to us his Ipad on the trip to Queensland....

spraynhq71

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice and ve calaie v
damn screens

i may be able to help with a second hand 1 im waiting on a gent who will get back to me with a price on the pair he has . if you would like one let me know see how i go cheers