Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Statesman stereo

Meegan

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Hi All,

Does anyone know options for a stereo upgrade, i have only found so far that you can only upgrade to a Series 2 unit not a aftermarket touch screen or anything really. is this true?

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Hi All,

Does anyone know options for a stereo upgrade, i have only found so far that you can only upgrade to a Series 2 unit not a aftermarket touch screen or anything really. is this true?

Yeah the problem with the WM's is they have a unique dash design that the aftermarket systems from Kayhan and Aerpro aren't designed to fit. Having said that, it seems like a S2 WM upgrade would be easier than a S2 IQ upgrade for lesser models, as the dash design didn't change from WM S1 to S2.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Maybe get a S1 Calais set up installed. That uses the same trim colours as Statesman. Once the series 1 setup is done, you have a lot of choice for headunits, speakers. You introduce Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and your car suddenly has many features of a newer car.

Downside is the rear entertainment might need an av switch. Reverse camera would occupy that input normally. Operational functions might not work from the deck like now. Would work from the rear seat though.

2007-holden-wm-statesman-3.jpg

S1 Statesman,

s-l640.jpg

S1 Calais

All you need really is the trim that fits around the facia. It's a straight swap.
You will also need the DUAL zone Aerpro HVAC facia that allows the headunits to be fitted.
You forgo the compartment door in front of the gear shifter.
Last year, Holden still had those trims available new in that colour. I bought one :)

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It will work fine with WM. you just need to get the Calais trims.

outbackjack

Reaction score
Old post I know, but I thought Caprice was unique due to climate controls and bose amp etc?? I would like to upgrade to Android

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bose amp in the back.
Yes the trims are different on Statesman.
yes you can retro fit Calais trims of the correct colour to replace the factory set up. Not sure how the trizone hvac would go with a dual zone controller. Possibly retro fit a dual zone module?

outbackjack

Reaction score
Cheers, seems its not easy and there will be compromises. What happens in a few years times as they get older and older. Seems the whole car will be obsolete due not getting parts etc.

Does the BOSE AMP work with CANBUS or just 12v trigger??