Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Statesman wont Start sometimes.

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
On any VE or WM I always allow the car to check itself then start it. I dont do what you do is stick the key in and 0.5 of a second later try to start it. Once again, let it do it check first then start the car.
Will do

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
On any VE or WM I always allow the car to check itself then start it. I dont do what you do is stick the key in and 0.5 of a second later try to start it. Once again, let it do it check first then start the car.
I was i a hurry yesterday so I broke the rule ( should practice on what I preach) on the VE late in the arvo so what did I get. When I turned the key on and the car was checking itself I got to about 95% finished then started the car. Well ABS Failure, Traction OFF, ABS Failure, Stability control, Traction OFF rotating on the center screen. So I turned the engine off, Waited 30 seconds, then turned the ignition on again and waited 30 odd seconds after finishing checking the engine then started it. ALL OK . No doubt the ECU or the BCM must have spat the Dummy.