Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woman dies after crash with police van

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Bingo.
People feel good when they pretend to care and say sorry. It's almost insulting to the Familys. Because you *DON'T* really care, guaranteed.

Some of us do actually care. It's not a pretense. I care less than if it happened to me, everyone will, that's pretty normal. When I hear of tragedies I do have a reaction, sorry for having empathy.

edit: This (OP)woman probably had the capacity for empathy else she would have stayed where she was and probably lived.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Ah, I strongly beleive you just tell yourself you do.
If people did actually care, we'd all be emotional wrecks.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

OK.. Even the people involved do not all turn into emotional wrecks. It does maybe give an insight to why you feel the way you do. Had some bad experiences?

Edit: I bet your missus, if you have one, is not a nurse. I can guarantee it's not the pay that keeps them doing what they do. We're social creatures and society cannot work without empathy. We'd all be psycho/sociopaths in your world.

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Facts: The driver of the Police vehicle killed a innocent woman through no fault of her own.

Says who? I've seen plenty of instances where people have panicked and made stupid decisions because an emergency services vehicle is coming up behind them.

Now I'm not saying its the womens fault, nor am I saying its the officers fault. I'll wait until the report is finished thanks.

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo

Complete rubbish. I'm not saying you should give a toss, or that you should be thinking about this matter in any given way. Having empathy doesn't make me weaker, nor does it automatically flag me for the loony bin. When I mentioned earlier that I felt for the mother and the officers involved, that comes from a considerable background of knowing exactly how people feel in these circumstances. Nobody should have to bury their children, no matter the age. The officers tried to save this woman, nobody should have to watch people die in front of them.

Going by the back and forwards in this thread, it's a pretty emotive issue, but we are basing all this on a news article, which won't have all the facts yet.

And Gazzas - this site isn't inhabited by fools, it's inhabited by car lovers. But this is the pub, and you gotta expect a bit of rough stuff in here. Just because someone's opinion on something is different to yours, doesn't mean they're a fool. Prick maybe.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
Love it.

Everyone is assuming the police didn't have the lights on.
Even if they didn't, **** happens. I frankly couldn't care less. Life's a bitch and then you die.

your assuming you have valid points. if you couldnt care less why didnt you shut up ages ago?

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
After reading some of the posts here ive realised this site is inhabited by a bunch of uncaring fools.

Well, yes some of them

Our society at the moment doesnt see fit to be executing even the worst of our criminals, but some here think a fitting end for not looking while texting or failing to notice an emergency vehicle is death? (they got what they deserved?)
Perhaps these folk can find a society/country that meets their expectations

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Stop baiting, its against the rules. You know i wasn't comparing them as the EXACT same type of incident, i wanted to know if you thought the same of the eldery woman, even tho she disregarded multiple warning signals.

Do you really mean that? Someone who deliberately disregards warnings deserves exactly that in my eyes. Apparently now 'the safety of level crossings is in the spot light again'. wtf for? cause some moron was in a rush. This country is going to ****...

You're joking, right? The country is going to **** because somebody actually cares about somebody else?

No pal, the country is going to **** because there are people like you around who DON'T give a **** about anybody else.

Edit: In fairness to you though, I should add that judging by some of the posts in this thread, you are not alone.

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Think this thread is better closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.