Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wont hold 2nd gear burnout

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Mines sounds sweet went it bounces off the limiter. As far as i know most new cars have them

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I've got a VT and i can get decent cooks out of mine, but i only use the brake to start the burnout then i jus power skid and bounce off the limiter in 2nd,

We found this technique the best for warming tyres at the strip, we dun bounce the limiter tho, stay off it a fract :dance:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Not sure about VL and previous, but my old VN had a rev limiter - as has every other Commy I've had in between. (VS, VT) The VZ has one too, but the tacho climbs a bit higher than the Buick based V6s. ;)

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i had a vl that diddnt seem to have a rev limiter... just got to 7200rpm and conked out till i backed off, it had standard 3.45 diff gears minispooled auto and it held 2nd gear faily easy... maybe its the tyres aswell?? i used bob jane all rounders which are really grippy at first but then once they spinn a few times go off! i remember when i first used them i thought **** i mustve broken an axel but it was still cutting 2's, it was doing it that easy

bobza

Reaction score
wats a line locker, is that just clamping the rear brake lines????

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
it is a solenoid that cuts off ya back brakes.. look up line locker on ebay
about $80 plus postage

tbblitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 L
well i also got a performance chip for my car and now it will hold 2nd gear if i play with the brake. sits on the rev limiter in 2nd. (also after doing the big burnout it sat on the limter for prob 3 seconds then i backed off, the engine light came on and i lost 4th gear... i turned off the car and started again and everything was fine... werid ey?

but its kinda hard to time it cos if i give it to much brake it will die.
just before it hits second i get off the brake a bit then back onto the brake harder when the speed picks up.

im going out again today to try some more things :>

thats with 15's on too... ive got some 14s out the back so im guessing it will easily do it with 14s :>

5LUTV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP SS Commodore 5.0
id say give up and stop ruining your car! play with her in first and avoid cooking your trans!!

C-LaMmD

Reaction score
Members Ride
tripple dfkted vp N vs calais
well its not the same but my mate has a vt wagoon, no engine mods n takes out the abs chip n that holds second alot beta,