Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worn out Ecotec's

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Well actually, the thing is you can't just floor it from the lights as such, unless you want it to spin madly off the mark and then chirp into second gear.
an ecotec with 396,000kms?
lmao.jpg

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
Well.... my thoughts exactly !!

Thus why I asked whether the ecotec's loose their guts when the engine is worn or not.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
How much guts should they have? Mine doesn't chirp the wheels when you floor it at the lights

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
How much guts should they have? Mine doesn't chirp the wheels when you floor it at the lights

Mine either unless my other foot is on the brake. And mine has 130,000k's on it, give or take.

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon

Well this wagon does. In fact I find it hard to drive without leaving black marks everywhere after driving an old Ford XF for years.

Seriously though, if you floor it from the lights, it spins and revs madly then chirps into second. By this time you are doing about 80 klm/h in a short time.

It has standard wheels with rather old tyres and I dare say this is why it has little traction and spins so easily.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Paul13pp said:
Having only recently purchased a 96 VS wagon

Paul13pp said:
Well actually, the thing is you can't just floor it from the lights as such, unless you want it to spin madly off the mark and then chirp into second gear.

Did Anyone think to take notice that it's a wagon? Don't they run LIVE axle and not IRS... which, as far as I know, spin a LOT easier than IRS...

And given that a VN commodore can spin the wheels with the old buick motor (Because it was live axle), it would make sence that the ecotec, (rated with more hp) would spin the wheels even easier?

yes??