Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worth doing these mods to a v6?

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
forgive me if im wrong but i was having a conversation with my mate about what else to do to my calais..

ive got the following mods already : pacemakers, K&N CAI, performance chip and an exhaust from D&T..

my mate was telling me to go down the line of cammed and ported heads?

any help would be appreciated :)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Just buy a v8.....

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just buy a v8.....

tis the most obvious thing to do, but after having my dads blown vy r8 written off ( honestly wasnt my fault ) im not allowed hence me buying this! :)

so anything other than a v8? just asking your opinion really..

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Depends how far you want to take it really... You're getting into more serious money from there up, so most people (unless it's a project car that lives in the shed) sell off and get something better, rather than pour money into an older daily.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
if you are keeping it for a while, heads, cam, kit the auto with a stall but where do you draw the line, you are better off working out a budget then getting the best options that the budget allows, if money in no option then the sky's the limit. Sonner or later, the top end gonna need a beefy bottom end built too.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
Depends how far you want to take it really... You're getting into more serious money from there up, so most people (unless it's a project car that lives in the shed) sell off and get something better, rather than pour money into an older daily.

i do believe that im going to have the car for a further maybe 2 3 years.. and also was curious as to how much id be looking at if i decide to go down that line too.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Personally i think the first thing you should do is a manual conversion.

After that...Well if you've got money to burn, you have a few options... Or f*** it, why not combine them all :thumbsup:
1. V8
2. Cam & Heads
3. Blower/Sucker

It's a pretty nice way to spend $15k+... But if you're only expecting to keep it for another 2 or 3 years... It's up to you really.
How old are you? We all obviously like working on our cars... But i don't intend to have a serious project car until I'm settled somewhere and have the funds to do it properly. That could take as long as 10 years, maybe more.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
Personally i think the first thing you should do is a manual conversion.

After that...Well if you've got money to burn, you have a few options... Or f*** it, why not combine them all :thumbsup:
1. V8
2. Cam & Heads
3. Blower/Sucker

It's a pretty nice way to spend $15k+... But if you're only expecting to keep it for another 2 or 3 years... It's up to you really.
How old are you? We all obviously like working on our cars... But i don't intend to have a serious project car until I'm settled somewhere and have the funds to do it properly. That could take as long as 10 years, maybe more.

lollll.. all my mates got s/c cars so wanting something different..

im17 and i work so i do have time to f*** around i guess.