Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worth modding?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
here's a timeslip...
ecotec rebuilt, twin turbo, nos (to minimise turbo lag) c4 auto.
EDIT: it's hard to read, but it's the left lane

Last edited:
K

krsta

ive been reading the forums and it seems the ks on the car play a factor when modding the engine. ive got 200ks on mine is der anything i should do b4 i start going for more power ?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
krsta said:
hey guys and gals i have vs commodore shes my first car done a few things exterior wise but since its only an ectotec 3.8 alot of people have been tellin me its not worth modding and that you cant do much with em is this tru anyone have any thoughts?

It all depends on what you want to achieve. 1st step nomatter whatever you have is to decide what you want to end up with. A circuit racer, drag racer or just a street cruiser??

I still wonder why people mod cars just for the sake of it with no thought of what they want to end up with.

Reaper

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
krsta said:
ive been reading the forums and it seems the ks on the car play a factor when modding the engine. ive got 200ks on mine is der anything i should do b4 i start going for more power ?
200 thou? I'd recommend a rebuild, if you want power, you must decide on force fed or n/a, as this determines the components used in the rebuild

K

krsta

well since its only my first car i dont wna go nuts on it just want sumfin decent enuf to get me by for another 3 years till i cn legally drive a v8 lol, i was thinkin an exaust system wid extracters nd just doing a few exterior mods

VPioneer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore executive wagon
lol man we arent allowed to drive performance V6's either...bs i say...i heard in nz you get your full licence at 17 and no tarrifs on jap cars so everyone drives turbos..wtf ay..why cant we be like that

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
VPioneer said:
lol man we arent allowed to drive performance V6's either...bs i say...i heard in nz you get your full licence at 17 and no tarrifs on jap cars so everyone drives turbos..wtf ay..why cant we be like that

new zealand is weird though man, the cops dont even carry guns...
i dont think we'd be doin ourself any favours letting "kids" drive performance turbo's when they've only just got their licence.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
VPioneer said:

Look at the Road accident toll and the percentage of how many young people are on it and you will get your answer...:yeah:

K

krsta

hey has ne one taken off the sripe thing that goes round the whole car myn is an ugly grey colour just wondering if neone has taken them off and if so how was it done and are the ne draw backs to look out for such as paint peeling

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
krsta said:
hey has ne one taken off the sripe thing that goes round the whole car myn is an ugly grey colour just wondering if neone has taken them off and if so how was it done and are the ne draw backs to look out for such as paint peeling

a commonly attempted job, its not particularly hard to get the moulds off...its the sikaflex underneath that holds them on thats the bitch.
the moulds usually just peel off after you get the end up (just use your hands, or something like fishing line to pry it up) then you'll notice a black urethane called sikaflex left behind in places.
to get rid of this you need to have alot of patience, take off all the larger pieces you can get with your hands, then use a pin-stipe remover/caramel wheel to get the rest off...finish with wax and grease remover to get any residue.
there's plenty of threads about this, so have a search if you want to find out some more.