Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would 20' X 10 SSW CONCAVE WHEELS, 5X120

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Too many people get caught buying before trying.....So excuse me for trying to save someone a few hundred bucks and a heap of heartache

In which case you just put forward a wonderful point for buying spacers. They can test the theoretical offset and where the wheel will sit on their standard wheels before they buy!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You picked a fight with 83hatch (I think that's his name)

I haven't seen you ever post something like

"spacers are illegal and as a tyre fitter I don't recommend them. I do suggest a test fit before you buy" or offer useful information about the correct tyres sizes (the Adventura thread was a first) or even offer insight into the correct fitment or offsets (which you should know as a tyre fitter cos you know Commodores are very common and 90% have the same spec wheels from factory) as soon as a spacer is mentioned you disagree and completely forget to help the OP and answer the question asked.

If your not guonna help, weather legal or not. Don't comment it's easy

Not picking fights with anyone....I mearly pointed out you can't legally fit spacers....MR Hatch decided to be cheeky and put some smart comment in about spacers, which I replied we aren't talking about Porsches....Unless Commodores are made by Porsche.

Test fitting wheels at stores is common practice (unless the stores I have worked at have been freakish places wanting to help customers out).....this can help when buying wheels from another source. Stores also have tyre fitament guides when changing sizes

In ending...na, doesn't appear like I'm helping out at all....So next time I'll laugh to myself when some poor sucker gets ripped off because they spend money on the wrong parts.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In which case you just put forward a wonderful point for buying spacers. They can test the theoretical offset and where the wheel will sit on their standard wheels before they buy!

True....But I'd prefer to spend $20 on something else, rather than something useless like them. But hey, it's not my money getting wasted, so it doesn't bother me

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
True....But I'd prefer to spend $20 on something else, rather than something useless like them. But hey, it's not my money getting wasted, so it doesn't bother me

You were just advocating people not wasting money or being ripped off.

Set of wheels ~$2400ish.

Set of spacers ~20 bucks.

Buying wheels that dont fit -$2400

Buying spacers and realising they wont fit to your liking -$20

Are you daft?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You were just advocating people not wasting money or being ripped off.

Set of wheels ~$2400ish.

Set of spacers ~20 bucks.

Buying wheels that dont fit -$2400

Buying spacers and realising they wont fit to your liking -$20

Are you daft?

Must be.....Where I work (and have worked), we trial fit wheels prior to people buying......

Cost for trial fit = nothing

Obligation to purchase wheels = nothing

Cost of buying spacers $20

So where is the wasting money with this?....answer....buying the $20 spacers

You have checked what spacing you need and you haven't had any out of pocket expense.....

As I said, not my money so it doesn't bother me...

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Test fitting wheels at stores is common practice (unless the stores I have worked at have been freakish places wanting to help customers out).....this can help when buying wheels from another source. Stores also have tyre fitament guides when changing sizes

In ending...na, doesn't appear like I'm helping out at all....So next time I'll laugh to myself when some poor sucker gets ripped off because they spend money on the wrong parts.

there been freakishly good cos 90% of the tyre stores I've been to are brain dead and that's why I research as much fitment, tyre sizes and wheel specs as possible before choosing now days.

Why couldn't AL.. buy some 8 or 12mm spacers, go to his test fit, when the 20x10 45Ps hit he could have given the tyre shop the spacer to try, adjust the offsets according and then order the correct wheels?? Hell by that logic every tyre shop should have spacers on the tool bench for that reason saving AL.. $20

Oh and by the way you haven't helped in this thread at all, I haven't seen you suggest a offset or tyre size to suit a 20x10 on the front of a VE yet?? Atleast I said a 45P was good for the rear and corrected myself when realising a 10 on the front needs a 38P or lower offset to clear the strut.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
there been freakishly good cos 90% of the tyre stores I've been to are brain dead and that's why I research as much fitment, tyre sizes and wheel specs as possible before choosing now days.

Why couldn't AL.. buy some 8 or 12mm spacers, go to his test fit, when the 20x10 45Ps hit he could have given the tyre shop the spacer to try, adjust the offsets according and then order the correct wheels?? Hell by that logic every tyre shop should have spacers on the tool bench for that reason saving AL.. $20

Oh and by the way you haven't helped in this thread at all, I haven't seen you suggest a offset or tyre size to suit a 20x10 on the front of a VE yet?? Atleast I said a 45P was good for the rear and corrected myself when realising a 10 on the front needs a 38P or lower offset to clear the strut.

Do what ever he wishes.....I have made my suggestion of going to a tyre shop and trial fitting rims.....Doesn't cost anything.

It also makes sure the person concerned is totally satisfied on the spot, rather than being pissed off wasting any sort of hard earned coin.

And yeah, you might have had 90 % of the stores being brain dead, but what about the other 10%.....So here's another suggestion.....Anyone considering wheel changes, mention an area they frequent and helpful stores in those areas.....that way, they can avoid those brain dead stores....

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Sorry AL.. way off topic ATM but

And yeah, you might have had 90 % of the stores being brain dead, but what about the other 10%.....So here's another suggestion.....Anyone considering wheel changes, mention an area they frequent and helpful stores in those areas.....that way, they can avoid those brain dead stores....

Good idea lets slander bad service of every small business online, pretty sure everyone already does that on Facebook. I let my wallet talk, a business upsets me I don't go back there.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss

Good idea lets slander bad service of every small business online, pretty sure everyone already does that on Facebook. I let my wallet talk, a business upsets me I don't go back there.

ok, wat have I started!!!...ok im going to tyre shop tomorrow 9am will see wat happens than.

Plan is, if fronts don't fit il just buy another front set 8.8 and hoping no guard rolling if so f u c k with it, il just sell my full set cheap :(
and buy a full set new

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Missed it again....I said, mention GOOD stores, not crappy ones