Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would 20' X 10 SSW CONCAVE WHEELS, 5X120

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
But yeah I just tried the front wheel on, its hitting the strut :( sh ittt...5 mm off it would be perfect. wat do I do now??

I mite have to buy just a another pair for the fronts as ducker mentions 20*10n 38

Unfortunately it either needs to be another offset (I believe 38 is spot on but best to test fit again) or try and get the same wheel in a 9" which a 45P offset will fit.

Keep us posted on how you go

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
What do you have? 10 +35 (which was my 8.5 +20?)

There was another VE R8 Wagon in the My Ride section running similar. But Im sure he had 245s.

EDIT:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/222981-my-2009-hsv-clubsport-r8-tourer-3.html#post2671208

Found it. Scroll down two posts for tyre sizes.

If the rim is hitting it must be in that sweet spot. 5mm spacers on the front, try it and see if it still hits. Pushing that 5mm out might clear it. That extra poke must make the difference.

Yeah I tried just wheels only no tyres and it already hits struts...im going to see Dandenong tyre factory this Saturday and see if they can fit them...

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Grennan thanks for that link :),,, but it does not mention if he used spacers hmmm...If I do run 10 at my front and if it handles s h I t il sell them off and buy something with a lower offset eg 35

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
the wheels I have are SSW Aspire S189 running all 10 all round

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Grennan thanks for that link :),,, but it does not mention if he used spacers hmmm...If I do run 10 at my front and if it handles s h I t il sell them off and buy something with a lower offset eg 35

Well, it kinda does.

His offset is +35 which is 13mm poke. Meaning the wheel sits 13mm further away from the inside of the guard. Which is why it clears no problem. If the difference you think is 5mm, 5mm spacer, try it go for a drive and you have your answer.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Well, it kinda does.

His offset is +35 which is 13mm poke. Meaning the wheel sits 13mm further away from the inside of the guard. Which is why it clears no problem. If the difference you think is 5mm, 5mm spacer, try it go for a drive and you have your answer.

Got some good news :).. rang fawkner wheels and they said high chance it will fit. I told them it was rubbing than he asked me was it jacked...He says due to being jaked it takes it off angle and once put back to the ground it would not rub..im hoping his wright.

But recommendeds 245/35r20

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Got some good news :).. rang fawkner wheels and they said high chance it will fit. I told them it was rubbing than he asked me was it jacked...He says due to being jaked it takes it off angle and once put back to the ground it would not rub..im hoping his wright.

But recommendeds 245/35r20

with off set eg 40,45, is it the higher the number the more the wheel, tyre tuck into the guard( Flush with body) and lower the number 33 the more it pokes out from the guards which I don't like...assuming the wheels all round are 10inch wide