Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would love to hear your opinion on this "ute"...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Did you guys get the Mighty Boy? I think that's an Aussie plate and RHD...
View attachment 225818
They were sold here, popular with drivers of B doubles and road trains.
They could stow 'em behind the cabin, and use 'em as emergency chocks if their park brakes failed... :cool:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Aus got the Mighty Boy. :p
A mate had just bought a new Suzuki Sierra, ( Jimni in the USA ?) and he received an invite to the local dealer for a 'sneak preview of an exciting new release' before it went on public sale.
He invited me to accompany him to see this excitement, and we had no idea of what it was to be. A V8 Sierra perhaps ?
Anticipation turned to polite disbelief as we were introduced to this ..... ummm ..... recreational toy and it's 'fun' uses.
Laughter was supressed until driving away in his Sierra.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
A mate had a Mighty Boy for a little while.
He used to joke that the cabin was so small he couldn't crack a fat in it without breaking the windscreen.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Did you guys get the Mighty Boy? I think that's an Aussie plate and RHD...
View attachment 225818

This is a Mighty Boy.....

5F0A4414.jpg

https://www.whichcar.com.au/feature..._03_SM&utm_term=list_streetmachine_newsletter

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I knew I had seen one of these for sale recently but couldn't find the listing. Then today I looked in my "lost" TradeMe bookmarks. The dude obviously had no takers in the three months he had it up there. Not even the RHD conversion could save it. Pity, because a convertible hardtop V8 ute is such a great idea. Shameful that GM's designers were taking the wrong drugs when they attempted it. Couldn't have made the 1940-50s original inspirations look any worse if they were working blindfolded in a dark room by feel.

Screenshot_20210825-150150_Chrome.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I knew I had seen one of these for sale recently but couldn't find the listing. Then today I looked in my "lost" TradeMe bookmarks. The dude obviously had no takers in the three months he had it up there. Not even the RHD conversion could save it. Pity, because a convertible hardtop V8 ute is such a great idea. Shameful that GM's designers were taking the wrong drugs when they attempted it. Couldn't have made the 1940-50s original inspirations look any worse if they were working blindfolded in a dark room by feel.

View attachment 225906

Were they also called a Trailblazer? Fitted with an LS2?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Wasn't the Trailblazer a SUV, not a "Roadster Utility"? An update/upscale Chevy Blazer? Yea, they both ended up with LS2s in their final versions, but both had 5.3 Vortec LM4 "Llama" before that (2004-2006).