Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you let anyone else drive your car?

Can I have a drive of your car?

• Yeah sure. (Chucks me the keys)

Votes: 87 34.5%
  • No way. Don't even think about it.

Votes: 165 65.5%

• Total voters

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Emporer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8
yeah as far as im concerned ... over my dead body! they can have the keys when they can rip them from my cold dead fingures!!!

my old folks are ok (i owe them enough not to care) my sister gets lessons from my old man which is ok im happy enough about that. but other than that everyone can go jump in the lake!

i still remember being asked my my sis who is on her l's "could you lend me the car?" .... "i reminded her she doesnt have a licence to drive it" got the responce "yes but my bf does" as i stated above the answer was "over my DEAD body!!!"

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Few close mates ill throw em the keys no probs and house mate knows hes welcome to it if he needs something with a bit of class, almost anyone if im in the passenger seat

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
yeah then go and "aquire" your car with your spare key storing it safely in your new double lock up garage!
the only way someones going to drive my car,is if they sign over the deed to there house:thumbsup:

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
I let my "inner circle" drive my car without me being present. that includes my partner and my parents. The outer circle consists of friends and my partner's relatives, and they may only drive my car if I am sitting next to them.

On another note, anyone who drives my car, either inner or outer circle, is welcome to put the foot to the floor as I am proud to own a car that makes such a cool whine :p

I draw the line at smoke or obscene cornering however. :D

Ditto! except my brother he will NEVER drive any of my cars

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Noone is allowed to drive my car anymore besides me. My mate drove me to my P's test (in my car) because my mum couldnt. Anyway he was reversing into the carpark for inspection of the car and reversed into a retaining wall. Smashed the bumper tail lights and caused metal work damage.

Ended up just taping the light up and passing my P's test, never again will a mate drive my car. Actually i probally shouldve been wary letting him drive seeing as he drives a Lancer...

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
it depends on the person only 3 ppl have driven my car, my girlfriend sometimes (she loves it), my dad once and just one of my mates twice but other than them i cant risk it its my only car