Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wow, didn't even know this type of thing happened.

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
That sucks... Why would one bother to go to that much effort over something that @ a wreckers would be about $20-$30 second hand?

I wonder what was used for light? I don't think they would have used a lighter...:flame:

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
If you haven't fixed it yet, the clip will probably be from the rubber hose INSIDE the fuel tank, which is clipped to the pump. You will need to fish around for the hose and pull it out as far as possible, (don't try to pull it right out), clip the pump back onto it, then carefully insert the lot back into the tank. Take care not to bend or damage the float arm.

I did this job with the tank out and it was a mongrel. Leaving the tank in the car just makes it worse as the rear axle tends to restrict your working space.

Ok thanks, still haven't done it yet.

Man that sucks B**t***s!!!! I've got a couple of plugs spare here from building my Production Saloon and a spares car. You can have them for postage cost ( i'm over the ditch mate, shouldn't be over a fiver maybe less). There's two plugs to the tank, do you need both?
PM me if you want and i'll work out exactly how much with your addy.

These guys need to be Rogered raw with a hedgehog on a stick ! ! !

What are plugs? Not sure if I need them.

Word commonly yelled at referees bearing questionable fatherhood:yeah:

Haha I need another clue I'm still not seeing it. :S

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
someone tried stealing my supra... till they found out it had no motor....

lol sounds funny, like some kid up the street was fixing his car at 2am and goes,... damn wreckers isnt open, I KNOW... ill just jack that car up (probbly not even needed) and steal the pump.

i removed my girlfriends tail shaft (1 peice) without jacking her ford (EB) and even replaced the extension housing seal and tapped the new one in... its doable :p

a vn v6 fuel pump cant be worth more than $15-20 lol...

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
Haha nice, no motor..

My brother's VN is lowered quite a bit so they probably jacked it. I used to change the oil on my VN without jacking it up before I lowered it.

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
Halp!

If you haven't fixed it yet, the clip will probably be from the rubber hose INSIDE the fuel tank, which is clipped to the pump. You will need to fish around for the hose and pull it out as far as possible, (don't try to pull it right out), clip the pump back onto it, then carefully insert the lot back into the tank. Take care not to bend or damage the float arm.

I did this job with the tank out and it was a mongrel. Leaving the tank in the car just makes it worse as the rear axle tends to restrict your working space.

I dropped the fuel tank but I can't find the hose that is inside the tank which supposed to connect to the assembly. Does this hose connect to anything or is it just a return hose that goes to the bottom of the tank?