Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraith & Dems MX6 Mk2

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
How does she drive now compared to the other old girl?

Terrible :p Gearbox doesn't really like shifting 1st to 2nd if you have more then 1/4 throttle. Service booked for Monday. Engine mount/s need to be done. There's a vibration coming from the drivers side. Thinking CV. But given the suspension it's actually really comfortable. Just really really slow as it's on stock boost and stock everything else. Have the boost tee from the other car but will wait till the service is done on the gearbox and the mounts before I go too stupid. Oh and AC is so good even though it's heading into winter :p

Edit:
Also Dem won't stop bitching about the lack of stereo. I want to keep it stock but noooo Dem want's fat beats.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Passed roadworthy. 2 engine mounts were stuffed yet it still passed. Got them sorted. Rides better now. Gearbox still hard shifts but I can handle that. Got a chipped ecu and boost tee going in tomorrow to try get it moving because at the moment it's embarrassingly slow.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Congrats, always a relief when that paper cops a stamp.

Edit:
Also Dem won't stop bitching about the lack of stereo. I want to keep it stock but noooo Dem want's fat beats.

Lol, I'm a stockie stickler through and through.....aside stereos. Give the woman what she wants and then put an aftermarket head unit in :p

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will once I fix all the mechanical issues. Still has a knocking sound mostly when turning which I am putting down to CV's but mechanic couldn't find anything else so not sure.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
So installed ecu and have it sitting around 13 or so PSI at the moment. It is a definite improvement but not really all that satisfying. Sooo plan down the track is to rip the manual stuff out of the blue car and put it in the white one. With the new ecu + 14 PSI the manual puts down around 170 whp. I still have another gearbox and the LSD sitting here to and have finally found some one willing to rebuild the gearbox and fit the LSD. Won't be till middle or late next year when it happens though.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Middle or late next year? People make plans that far out?

What is factory boost on these? I thought it was 12psi?

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Nice little daily. Reminds me a bit of my $300 honda accord. It was such a great daily. Non turbo though. Keep up the good work dem and wraith

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Middle or late next year? People make plans that far out?

What is factory boost on these? I thought it was 12psi?

Nope. Around 7 is what they run. I also found it was constantly over heating. The temp sender on the radiator has 2 prongs and one has snapped off so it doesn't kick the thermo fan in. Only reason it hasn't been too bad is because the aircon is never off.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 is gone!