Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

write off or not????

juice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 92
just got my self a vk ive owned a vp for sometime now and also own a vx s2 berlina so the old vk is pretty new to me... my question is (not sure what u call it) the panell under the bonnet and above the radiator, the panell that houses the bonnet catch??? is this repairable or replaceable or is it a writeoff if damanged??? any help would be great!!

crznvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 308
thats the radiator support it can be repaired or replaced but it all depends on price

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
That's a major structural component of the front of the car. Depends on how badly damaged it is.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yep definitely repairable. $155 from www.ozeparts.com.au for a new one.

picture%5CI%5CVH%5CIVH6020NH.JPG

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Sweet thanks a lot. I didn't think you could get a new one. My one was damaged in a T-bone a while ago and if I get this then my front end will be good again. Cheers :thumbsup:

juice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 92
thanks alot fellas that helps alot does it have to b welded in parts or does it all bolt on???

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Its a weld on job mate . They are spot welded on

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
It might work out cheaper cutting a good one out of another car. Not sure how difficult that is tho....just take an air compressor, air drill and air hacksaw and u should be fine :thumbsup:. Altho the image above of the panel also shows the front apron on it....but the apron u normally buy seperate, so not sure if it comes with it or not.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If its a good car definitely cut a genuine one out of a car and use that, the ones available now are taiwanese copies and are not as good as the originals.
Most of the aftermarket parts for the VKs dont fit as well or are not exactly the same as the original parts.

If you do goto buy one at the wreakers get them to cut it straight through the front strut mounts, if your getting a beater to repair the car they will be able to unpick it depending ont he damage on your car and repair your car well.

cheers
Scott

Last edited: