Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] WTB: 5Lt(304) motor & auto trans (turbo), carb & manifold

abcent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina S2
looking to buy a 304 V8 motor and auto trans (either t400 or t700) to drop into my HX kingswood. Dont need ECU or loom or even manifold or injectors as I dont intend to use them.

also looking for a carby manifold to suit the injected heads and a 650-750 double pumper carby.

while im adding my shopping list, i'll also be in need of a disc diff rear end (preferably LSD) and tailshaft to match it all up.

if you know of anything, please get in touch!!

[email protected]

Cheers
Berin
Geelong, Vic

abcent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina S2
not entirely sure to be honest, im new to the whole "pre commodore" world so im learning as i go and as i search forums for info.

something strong enough to cope with a mild 304-355 V8 & turbo kitted box & that fits into a 1977 HX sedan.

A 9inch would be great, not sure if it'd be in my budget tho, or i think a decent 10 bolt is my only other option? I've been told to steer clear of banjo's

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
LOL, a Banjo would last about 10 seconds behind a strong 304/355. Yeh, well in a sedan your options are sort of limited, its pretty much either the 10 bolt salisbury or 9". Where as with utes & vans you can put a commodore borg warner in without too much hassle because they are leaf springs. The problem with putting a borg warner in a sedan is welding the top mounts to the cast iron centre. It can be done, but mig welding to cast iron is not recommended!

If you need any help, let me know.

abcent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina S2
thanks for the info, narrows down the search to a 10 bolt diff. fingers crossed I can find a decent one. Would a diff out of an early statesman fit? like a WB stato. I figure thats my best bet for a disc brake salsbury diff, or a later model Premier perhaps?

lsx427

Reaction score
Website
www.seperformance.com.au
Members Ride
VY MALOO
I will try and send you some pictures in the next couple of days unless you have already found one

Thanks

Nick--

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I can get you a whole vn calais 5lt with a supposably rebuilt motor for 2k if your interested you take take what you need then seell the rest to make some money back i wouldnt mind it myself but dont have 2k

abcent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina S2
I can get you a whole vn calais 5lt with a supposably rebuilt motor for 2k if your interested you take take what you need then seell the rest to make some money back i wouldnt mind it myself but dont have 2k

thanks for the thought, but im looking for a stock motor as I'll be building it into a stroker motor as soon as its all in place & registered. So a fully rebuilt 5litre would be a waste of a good motor in this case.

Cheers

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
you still after a 650 dp mate.have a fully reconditioned one that saw 4000kms until i blew my engine at gazzanats last year.its a spreadbore part#62102.looking for 250$ if anyones interested.