Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTB: Supercharger kit

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
Does anyone know what boost the VR can handle? How do i know if its got the higher compression level compared to the vn and vp.

D

danilko

just askin for some opinions, do you think its worth supercharging a vn ss? atm its mods are extractos, cat-back 2.5" exhaust?

simc

Supercharged V6 Gemini
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just finished my kit.

Did a quick price up if I were to make a few more, no where near what CRS charge.

For everything you need to mount the blower, including a decent adjustable BOV (not the plastic crap), piping, clamps, silicone hose, breather hoses, caps, extra pulley, alternator bracket extension its about $600 to $650 + the blower, which go for about $300.

So thats about $900 for 30% more power.

What do you guys think, Worth while?

V

vn4play

for sure dude i would buy a kit. $600-650 is good price.

If you can make me one within a couple of weeks i will take one as it will probably make me want to keep my car. :)
anyways my number is 0422446550

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
i'll be buying one @ that price :)
Keep us updated if you are willing to start making these kits.

simc

Supercharged V6 Gemini
Reaction score
Just an update.

Laser cutting for the kits done in the next two weeks. So the kits are going ahead.

More info soon.

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
I want to supercharge my VS clubsport. Is it more work to does this to a 5 litre? Is it the same parts that are needed as i am looking to do this in the next few months. Im cashed up and ready to go:p not much of a mechanic by the way lol

simc

Supercharged V6 Gemini
Reaction score
weedo_86, I think a 5.0 will be pushing these charges over their useful limit. I have not tried it, but I dont imagine you would get any huge results. Might be worth asking around and see if anyone else has tried these on a 5.0.

VP Luke. I have not had a small pulley made up yet. I wont be selling those untill I have tried one on my car, and ironed out any issues. So they might still be a while away. Im still getting used to 3psi... good fun :)

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
simic - no worries.

my 9psi pulley has snapped - it looked like it was jsut done by a tool shop or something.....

i'd say it was out of balance or something...
prior to this the input shaft end snapped...

I'm highly considering getting the pulley from CRS for about 400 bux, to have something trialed and tested :(