Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF!!! is goin on

winton

black+manual+19's=sex
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs SS II 5speed vx gts 19's
ok a few weeks ago my car started over heating and was ****ing out water from my over flow it was all brown and kinda chunky not good so i flushed my cooling system 2 times and put new coolant through it. still happens but this time its just ****ing out the coolant. so i brought a new radiator and hoses put everything back on and its still doin it.

basically building pressure in my radiator pumping coolant to my overflow tats getting to full and its all ****ing out of there.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
try replaceing ur thermostate

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How is the condition of the radiator cap????? Try replacing that with a new one with the correct pressure. I think 135Kpa, not sure.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
sounds like a busted thermostat. check the cap on the overflow bottle too. shouldnt be letting any liquid out.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
sounds like a busted thermostat. check the cap on the overflow bottle too. shouldnt be letting any liquid out.

Overflow bottle do let coolant out if it fills up. Normally coolant goes down the rubber tube and dumps coolant near the front tire on the drivers side

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
you got my vote on the rooted thermostat.

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
I may have missed something here....Why did you buy a new radiator????
Have you considered it may be a rooted head gasket???
Compression gas enters the cooling system and pushes coolant out of the radiator via the overflow bottle.
Sounds very likely..... especially if it has gotten hot!

winton

black+manual+19's=sex
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs SS II 5speed vx gts 19's
I may have missed something here....Why did you buy a new radiator????
Have you considered it may be a rooted head gasket???
Compression gas enters the cooling system and pushes coolant out of the radiator via the overflow bottle.
Sounds very likely..... especially if it has gotten hot!

i brought a new radiator coz the other one had like brown rust looking **** all through it flushing it out didnt help it go away so just got a second hand one from a vs.i changed the radiatro cap that help a bit. my mate today said could b head gasket....... only thing i ddint try was thremostate might give it a go but can even drive for like 15 mns without it boiling over

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
im pretty sure it's the thermostat, cause' if its rooted meaning its stuck shut, it wont let the coolant flow thru there-fore making the only place to exert the coolant is thru the radiator cap or the over flow bottle.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
im pretty sure it's the thermostat, cause' if its rooted meaning its stuck shut, it wont let the coolant flow thru there-fore making the only place to exert the coolant is thru the radiator cap or the over flow bottle.

Incorrect,
Radiator cannot get coolant if the thermostat is shut, by the way the only place coolant get to the overflow tank is through the radiator cap and if that cap is buggered then it is letting too much coolant through even at low pressure.

Remove the cap and see if the rubber seal have perished or not.