Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on with kids/teens today?

arthy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Monaro CV8 V2 SII
this thread is just lols.. people
need to relax. there's always gonna be a bad batch of kids/adults/animals/lemmings.. just gotta live life and deal with it as it comes.. no point of worrying about this.. lets just worry about the next modification you can do to your car. haha

Tapatalk! arthy23

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
In the good 'ol days.....I've read quite a few posts, but I'm not going to bother reading the rest. Young people are doing what they've always done. Pushing boundaries and upsetting old people. If you're offended by the actions of young people, you're probably the old fart you used to bitch about. Suck it up princess(es)!

"Suck it up princess(es)" ......this could be considered defending them. Hence my age assumption.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
lets just worry about the next modification you can do to your car. haha

Tapatalk! arthy23

A snow plow to plow down all the annoying kids we're talking about in this thread

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
So no teens shot anyone in the 50s, no teens raped anyone in the 70s, no teens did blah blah, when I was a kid blah blah. I call bull@$$&. People of a bit of vintage have probably been saying this for centuries. I think maybe when someone is young they don't watch the news and dont really know what going on in the country or society( as much you think you do at that age) and when you get older you start to pay more attention. Then you will think back to your upbringing and say, we never shot anyone or bashed cops or blah blah, but i'd guarantee that it was happening some where at the time.
Thats how I look at it anyway, so I reckon stop putting £€£% on young crew to make out you're better because your not.

No-one here says they're better. No-one said crime didn't occur years ago.

I said people had more respect for others than they do now.

That's a fact. You can suck mud if you don't like it.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
see back a generation, Tvs were a luxury, not a necessity. Kids these days demand things now, interest free take it now because U need it. When I was young if I got a matchbox car for my birthday or a track for the ones I had, I treasured it. I didn't demand the full set. The lifestyle and even attitude to material things is so different these days, its almost like everything is despossable.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
No-one here says they're better. No-one said crime didn't occur years ago.

I said people had more respect for others than they do now.

That's a fact. You can suck mud if you don't like it.

It's your opinion not a fact you old fart;) I've been around as long as you have and my opinion would not concur with yours. I guess I'll suck mud..

Edit: It may just be that opinion is based on what one perceives, I work at a school, I have three great sons and know their friends, one of which just joined QLD Police. I see many great young people, I also see dodgy ones. The ones that show respect etc, good kids, are the vast majority of those. What do you base your sample data on? I hope not ACA;)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
im 30... and this stuff has always happened.... the only difference is TODAY there is alot more media around.. so you get to see it more and hear it more.

Spot on in my view. It's a small world we live in. Things were far easier to get away with in my day, cops didn't have technology, parents couldn't monitor kids activities therefore these 'things' appear to have never happened. I do agree that generally speaking society does have less respect, more self-centred (i.e. facebook; "look at me, I'm a star, I pooped!") than when I was younger, but that's the society we've bred, by euthanasing community. I don't understand the singling out of younger folk in this respect.

I'm not seeing any difference in any nasty aspects of life, aside a population growth and an actual decline in crime, ABS and Infrastructure stats back that sentiment up.

Media in general likes to breed a sense of fear. Keeps you watching, keeps the ratings up, keeps the dollars rolling in; "what do we need to fear today?" Keeps Yanks buying guns too.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Spot on in my view. It's a small world we live in. Things were far easier to get away with in my day, cops didn't have technology, parents couldn't monitor kids activities therefore these 'things' appear to have never happened. I do agree that generally speaking society does have less respect, more self-centred (i.e. facebook; "look at me, I'm a star, I pooped!") than when I was younger, but that's the society we've bred, by euthanasing community. I don't understand the singling out of younger folk in this respect.

I'm not seeing any difference in any nasty aspects of life, aside a population growth and an actual decline in crime, ABS and Infrastructure stats back that sentiment up.

Media in general likes to breed a sense of fear. Keeps you watching, keeps the ratings up, keeps the dollars rolling in; "what do we need to fear today?" Keeps Yanks buying guns too.

edited!: Quite right.. The good kids don't shake their arses with a "take that!" attitude or generally misbehave to be noticed by the media, feelgood stories don't get ratings. The silent majority of our young people, including those that are serving over seas doing a job that may conflict with their morals but are compelled to do either way, for example. Young people! Sheesh! Why do they all paint our walls.(the art of which I must say has improved over the last 40 years). More older people give me the shits and that annoys me because I'm in that group. How old do some have to be to get a clue? Yet the young are the problem, mirror is there... Look... Our young are a reflection of us, behave!

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Maybe younger people don't show respect to you because you obviously don't respect them? I would understand you saying that the people doing these bad things have no respect, but putting it on a generation is prejudice. That's a fact.