Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wtf is this black stuff?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
I bought my altezza lights finally for my vs..and wen im taking out the bootlights, (reverse ones) thers all this black muck sticky stuff underneath..probly to hold in it..its really ****in pisssing me off ..

So put the new ones over it and now looks weird, coz the muck came off and u can see white parts through out it..

I dunno wat to do.. put a rubber lining over it?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
A photo would help !!! It could be butylmastic (spelling) window sealer if its like chewing gum...someone might have put it there to stop boot leaks... cant say for sure until you post a photo.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
If it were me, I'd put the original tailights back in because they look better anyway

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Could be the rubber that goes around the lights? The VS' had that didnt they? no idea...
Anyway, when I took my spoiler off, the rubber had all melted and disintigrated. I guess with the changing weather conditions over a long period of time. Might be that, not sure. I guess if you dont want the white bit showing just put the rubber lining on it, good luck with it anyways

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II