Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF, lost my job before i even started!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
There is plenty of work out there mate. What were you doing at your last job? What are you looking for?

At my last job i was a PABX Technicians Assistant. The technology is moving towards VOIP and Hybrid systems. The company i worked for was rather small and set in the old way of doing things, at least the boss was, he was of the impression that the supplier would always look after him because of his previous employment.

But the company really doesnt have a product to go toe to toe with a Cisco VOIP system as far as cost goes so people are choosing to go CISCO, so the PABX work fell off, and when the work fell off, heads started to roll.

I've really lost my sense of direction for employment at the moment, i've considered maybe taking up an apprenticeship in the automotive area, but im not sure which specific field would work best for me so i've been dragging my heels

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
yeah losing your job sucks.

i copped the redundancy speech a few months back. it was 2 weeks away from my probation being over too, so instead of a months payout i got 1 week. i was out of work for 5wks so i lost almost $4000.

then i started at a new company and basically i only took the job because i needed it so badly. it was nothing like the job description - i didn't fit in there and they knew it, so they gave me the arse, and i was unemployed again.

Finally i got the job where i am now, i've been here for 2mths now and it's going well. But i sympathise with you guys, i know what it's like. I'll be honest, in a way its harder for the guys who do a trade because you're relying on employers and the amount of business they generate. i'm in marketing and have generally worked for big companies, so even if they lose a bit of business they can still afford to keep me on.

the guys i feel sorry for are the people in companies with under 100 people. they can cop the boot at any time, for almost any reason. In saying that though, the old laws of 3 strikes your out is bs and is really tough on small business owners. imagine if you just hired someone and realised they were crap? you'd have to do a massive lengthy process just to get them back out.

unfortunately with the way our system works, there is no happy medium, and someone always loses out

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
lol yeah, i mean i still get alot of money per week... but i didnt take the job for the money... oh well atleast i get my weekends... i can get sloshed everyweekend now.. but, i mean a drug test? and a full medical ?? thats a bit far out.. i have a feeling they'll try and charge me for the medical, if i am, im not paying.. class it as unfair dismissal :p

Email this company and demand your drug test results and all your information you have furnished them for the interview.

Ask for the name and contact of the company that processed your drug test to enable you to ask them for the test and results to be destroyed.

They no longer need or have the right to hold any of your results or information as you are not a employee of their company.

Make your point quite clear to the Women you dealt with.
:thumbsup:

Jurasic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE SERIES II
Send her a darky in a shoe box with a note saying "Enjoy"

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
What would you call a large buisness?.Most buisnesses are small in AUST the ones that are'nt are owned by big multi-nationals.
I'd say she wants someone more mature and more focused on the job at hand,not someone thats looking for a hobby.

I'm pretty sure that for a business to be classed as a small business, it has to have under 50 employees.

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
yer i had a similar experiance but turned out good.

i applied for a job in the mines, got the job after all the drug tests and stuff (highly shocked that they had no drugs for me to test but hey) turned down another job on a loader that was already in my pocket, quit the job i was at. got a phone call saying you dont have an hr licence so sorry you cant have it now. lost the plot, got drunk, cursed workpac. got another phone call the following day saying oh they dont mind now you can have the job. lost the plot, got drunk, praised workpac (it gave me 2 n a half g's in tha hand a week thats why i wanted it so bad) worked for two months then they did an audit on our licences.... told me i didnt have the correct licence go home... lost the plot got drunk cursed BGM... got hr for free thru the supervisor i was working with. alls well...

bull**** how it all works but. sorry to hear you lost it mate... wasnt meant to be cuz

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
oh and john howard is BEEPed its his laws that allow this kind of BS