Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF? Wife was fined for something that a cop accused her of THINKING about doing.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
486282_518118811554340_791978849_n.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Not entirely sure of the relevance of your post?

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
That's a little uncalled for don't you think ??? , particularly from a moderator

yeah it is but he's the forum police so it's ok. sarcasm. anyway i dunno where this blokes mrs stands coz it sounds like the copper is a powertripper who knows it will be his word against the accused so yea good luck

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
this is why people in general have no respect for the police and the law. I know I don't have any for police.

when a cop treats a person like crap, weather or not they are breaking the law, can you really blame people for disrespecting them? even if you break the law, there is no need for a officer to have attitude, be a smart ass or be angry. every encounter I've had with cops (rbt's, licence checks, etc) since I've had my license have been negative. and I've never had a fine or lost any points. so even though I haven't been in the wrong, I've copped it from the cops.

if your wife was on her stage 1 p's, they would have had her license for that. 3 points is a lot for something that she didn't do.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
I despise power tripping officers.

Point is, without their badge on and at end of shift, they are still ordinary, normal people.

How can they honestly sleep at night knowing that they have ripped and cheated x amount of people in a said day or week?

One rude and unhappy officer ruins it for the good ones.

QLD Police Service motto? With honour, We serve. There is no honour in unnecessary revenue raising.

Threads and stories like this infuriate me so much.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Honestly guys everyone can go on about cops being pricks and going on power trips etc
but if you had to deal with even 1/5 of the **** they do then you would understand.

In saying that it does seem that this officer was just being a bit of a twat and deserves to get his head pulled back into line

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I despise power tripping officers.

Point is, without their badge on and at end of shift, they are still ordinary, normal people.

How can they honestly sleep at night knowing that they have ripped and cheated x amount of people in a said day or week?

One rude and unhappy officer ruins it for the good ones.

QLD Police Service motto? With honour, We serve. There is no honour in unnecessary revenue raising.

Threads and stories like this infuriate me so much.

Actually cops are always cops, whether they are on shift or not. They have exactly the same rights and responsibilities even when they are, say, out in a restauarant with their family.

Random trivia.

this is why people in general have no respect for the police and the law. I know I don't have any for police.

when a cop treats a person like crap, weather or not they are breaking the law, can you really blame people for disrespecting them? even if you break the law, there is no need for a officer to have attitude, be a smart ass or be angry. every encounter I've had with cops (rbt's, licence checks, etc) since I've had my license have been negative. and I've never had a fine or lost any points. so even though I haven't been in the wrong, I've copped it from the cops.

if your wife was on her stage 1 p's, they would have had her license for that. 3 points is a lot for something that she didn't do.

Actually most people I know have quite a bit of respect for cops. Don't know what groups you hang around with.....

See the thing is people can have 100 good encounters with cops but get 1 bad encounter and OMG, **** gets real, and then they have no respect for cops at all, even the majority that are doing it right.

And for the record I've never had a bad encounter with police, even when I was a teenager with a loud, lowered commodore. Am I the only one?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
$280 is poo change and definitely not worth fighting. Learn a lesson that (given the fact that you wife is telling the truth) you got fkd by the system, or rather, 1 individual working with the system and move on. Then insure yourself next time. This thread has already made me consider a dash cam of some sort purely so this sorta thing doesn't happen to me, because although your fighting a losing battle I still side with you because there are some very harsh officers out there that know how to use their power.

P.S In no defence of Minux, he's previous comment was a JOKE. Everyone acts so hard and then gets there little feelings hurt by something like that. We are a majority of adults, if that offended you, go back to school...

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
That's a little uncalled for don't you think ??? , particularly from a moderator

I'll be the first to give you new-comers a warm welcome to JC.

Immortality is right on the money though, some random no-name P plater complains about being unfairly defected by police, "suck it up princess".

But, when a donating member says he's hard done by, GET THE CHIEF OF POLICE ON THE PHONE!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
$280 is poo change and definitely not worth fighting. Learn a lesson that (given the fact that you wife is telling the truth) you got fkd by the system, or rather, 1 individual working with the system and move on. Then insure yourself next time. This thread has already made me consider a dash cam of some sort purely so this sorta thing doesn't happen to me, because although your fighting a losing battle I still side with you because there are some very harsh officers out there that know how to use their power.

P.S In no defence of Minux, he's previous comment was a JOKE. Everyone acts so hard and then gets there little feelings hurt by something like that. We are a majority of adults, if that offended you, go back to school...

The following is not a shot at you Trikkben.

The bold is one of the biggest problems with people these days and there are the Police that use it to their advantage.

So many people think, it's not worth it, I could not be bothered, it's to hard, it's only x amount of dollars, I will just pay it and be done with it.
Most people that cop a fine are legitimately in the wrong and deserve said fine, BUT, there are always the few that get stooged for one reason or another.
If you are one of the few that may have copped a suspect fine, take it to court. If more people stood up for their rights, there would be less dubious fines getting issued.
I have some good friends that are police and they will all tell you that they HATE having to go to court over traffic infringements.
The amount of time and paper work for them is incredible.

If you want to get your own back, go to court and put them out.
Now a few will say, but it costs a lot to go to court. No it doesn't. Represent yourself, its not hard, its actually a bit of a blast!.
99.9% of the time it will cost you an extra $45.00 in court fees. To me thats a small price to pay for a little bit of payback!
If you really beleive that you have a sound case then spend the dollars and see what happens.

If you really have a bee in your bonnet about what happened and want a little more pay back, a good trick is to defer your case a couple of times. This really pisses the police off as they have to change rosters again and so forth.

You would also be surprised at how many times the officer does not show, so there is a chance that it may get thrown out.
If more people stood up for their rights, you will find that there would be less dubious tickets being written.

However, if you have broken the law, be a man, pay the fine and don't sook about it.

Edit I am not saying that the Jesterarts wife is or is not guilty of said offense.

EDIT 2. To Jesterarts I would go to court and ask when we started to use people that could see the future, like the Minority Report, as a way of legally charging people.