Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X- Force headers and Cats

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
I have an X-Force 3 inch cat back and am getting the headers and cats soon and some people have told me that the check engine light will come on once these are installed? And if this does come on how and how much will it cost me get this fixed? Or can I just wait till I get my cam installed and get it tuned and this fixed at the same time?

I know there are a lot of questions there but any help would be appreciated

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I had to replace a cat a few months ago as 1 was blown and the light came on. After I got the new one fitted I went to Holden and they just plug in tech2 and reset the code and it hasn't come back on since. They will probably charge you for it though.

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Wait till you get your cam then you don't have to worry cause the tuner will get rid of the light for you.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Wait till you get your cam then you don't have to worry cause the tuner will get rid of the light for you.

And hope it doesn't come back on...tuning doesn't always fix the problem. Sometimes different brands of headers and catalytic converters don't agree with eachother.

HM headers and Delphi catalytic converters are the way to go (best quality), they are a bit expensive but you get what you pay for, and you don't need to modify them (the pipes might be too short or long in other brands) because they are made to fit exact on Holden ve's, hsv's etc...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Everyone swears on Ballistic cats on the ls1.com.au forum and I'd be eager to test out a set of xplode (forum sponsor) ones.

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
Ive got pacemaker headers 1 7/8 to 100cpi cats and kpm 3" catback with mafless tune, no engine light problems here
Will the pacemaker headers and the cats fit my 3 inch xforce cat back?

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
^^^ Should, as I have Pacies on, High flow cats then X-Force catback.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Will the pacemaker headers and the cats fit my 3 inch xforce cat back?

The pacemaker headers & hig flow cats will fit the 3 inch xforce cat back system,thats what i have had done on my 06 SS.I did have that engine light problem but when i got the VCM OTR & mafles tune it was fixed and i have never had the light come on again.