Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xbox 360, freezing and slowwww, im gonna explode

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Mine went for about 18 month, and I kept hearing stories about RROD but thought I must have a good one, then it happened, sent it in and it came back, then within 30 minutes of starting it up it RROD'd again.

Sent it back the second time and it's been fine ever since. That was about a year ago I think.

They cover RROD, and now E74 for 3 years, beyond the regular 1 year for everything else.

My first console i bought release day broke once got it fixed, broke twice got it fixed and then it broke a 3rd time (dvd drive this time not rrod) and i had the same issue as you got it back and an hour later it RROD. Anyway i sold that one and went a got an elite which eventually i sold.
i'm on my 4th console now and i only ever had issues with the first console.
Sometimes mine are on almost all day everyday for a week and i never have any issues havent got on much lately no new games to play :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
My first console i bought release day broke once got it dixed broke twice got it fived and then it broke a 3rd time (dvd drive this time not rrod) and i had the same issue as you got it back and an hour later it RROD. Anyway i sold that one and went a got an elite which eventually i sold i'm on my 4th console now and i only ever had issues with the first console.
Sometime mine are on almost all day everyday for a week and i never have any issues havent got on much lately no new games to play :)

I honestly don't think they actually attempted to fix it the first time. I expect they turned it on, and it just happened to work at the time, then said "it's fine" and sent it back. There was no evidence the case had been opened the first time round, whereas there were minor scuff marks at the back the second time where they use the tool to open it.

Fingers crossed it's fine from now. It wasn't a release day console, it was about 1 year post-release. If it does explode I won't be too worried, I'm looking for an excuse to get a newer revision because they are quieter and cooler :)

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
the xbox decided it was going to work today,
it was on pritty much on all day with no dramas ( as little brother had a friend over), and i played it for about an hour aswell, i just tried to play it for a second time and its freezing and really slow again,

Weird as!!!!
owell im sending it in soon, but really cbf sending it in for ages

they better not just pass it on, and not attempt to fix it, (any way i can check if its been opened, besides screws?)

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i got a free game out of them when it broke after a hour of it being back you should hassle them for free **** danja i did

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
the xbox decided it was going to work today,
it was on pritty much on all day with no dramas ( as little brother had a friend over), and i played it for about an hour aswell, i just tried to play it for a second time and its freezing and really slow again,

Weird as!!!!
owell im sending it in soon, but really cbf sending it in for ages

they better not just pass it on, and not attempt to fix it, (any way i can check if its been opened, besides screws?)

Send it in, it'll only get worse. There are labels on the back, around the seam where the two halves of the case meet. When I got mine back the second time you could see where they had inserted the tool, the labels were slightly scuffed.

The RROD issue (and maybe the E74 issue) was usually caused by dodgy solder joins between the GPU (graphics card) and the motherboard, after lots of cycles of heating up and cooling down the joins would break, and you'd get the RROD. Sometimes, after cooling the joins would fix themselves, but not for long. Get it fixed properly.

i got a free game out of them when it broke after a hour of it being back you should hassle them for free **** danja i did

After it went in the second time, I Googled around and read stories about folks in the US getting free games etc when they got really cranky, I was almost hoping it would die again so I could try my luck.

That said, I think it's good of MS to extend the RROD warranty to 3 years. A lot of companies wouldn't do that, it takes balls to admit you ****ed up. In PR terms, I think they've done as well as they could out of it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Your 10 day turnaround was probably because the place they repair them is there (just realised when i saw your location). They quoted me 4 weeks (not that it bothers me, i have the elite now haha)

Yeah im guessing there will be larger than usual wait time at the moment because after the E74 announcement I imagine a few people are sending in their second consoles to get fixed.

The Australian repair center is real good, everyone ive spoken to and from personal experience it doesnt take anymore than 2 weeks to get it back.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
I sent mine last Wednesday, rang them yesterday and they still didn't have it in their workshop. But i'll hit this thread back when i get it back so you guys know how long it too.

What was your warranty work Chris?

Mine was RROD(kinda, only had one red light flash), the error code i got was E74, but had no idea what it was, didnt bother researching, just sent it back

Good turnaround, shorter than i was expecting, with a month of Xbox live gold, now i just need to find the time to use it!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Lol'd at this, seems you havn't had the full xbox experience until you've had RROD, theres even an achievement for it!:whistling

1239979710228.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got an email, they only just got the console today. 7 business days is abit long i thought to make it to NSW. In the email it says it will be about 3-4 weeks from NOW before i get the console back:whistling

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got it back today, not back, 2 weeks turnaround, only a week to repair and get it sent back to me. Now to set it up in the bedroom haha