Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xbox 360 still got the RROD?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I payed gran turismo after forza and the driving simulator and camera angle is fail.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I had a 360, and I do wish I still had it for some exclusive games like Forza or Halo, but if you plan on lots of online the PS3 is better because they don't stinge you on a membership fee each year, and I find theres a lot less ########s.

The membership fee. Guarentees the server doesn't gets hacked. For $80 a year I'm stoked.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
wii for the win :p

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Every console has it's problems. The 360 S is much better than their predecessor models but it can still have faults. I've known of quite a few having an electrical issue where the console will "zap" you when you touch the casing exterior. Another electrical problem they are known to have is they will power up but not turn on, no red rings or faults shown, it simply won't turn on.
The PS3 is good and all like a lot of people say, but it has it's issues also. Many of the older models have died from the "yellow light of death" as it's been dubbed, and the newer slim models overheat quite easily in some cases.

I have both (well all...) consoles and they both have their pros and cons - I generally use the 360 more for online and the PS3 is my blu ray player. Each has it's format specific games, so in the end I think it depends if there are any of those you really want to play which will determine your console purchase. For me i need both, too many awesome titles come out on only one format, like gears of war for 360 for instance and uncharted for PS3, but there are so many others...

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
I don't think I got better service to be honest, I think for the $80 I wasn't getting a good enough service. The PS3 online is on par with 360 and I've had plenty of drop outs etc on both but the 360 wasn't finding local games and all my mates with PS3 said they had no problem with it so I swapped.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I don't think I got better service to be honest, I think for the $80 I wasn't getting a good enough service. The PS3 online is on par with 360 and I've had plenty of drop outs etc on both but the 360 wasn't finding local games and all my mates with PS3 said they had no problem with it so I swapped.

Not finding local games is a fault of the game itself and its matchmaking systems. Not the console.

I have both (well all...) consoles and they both have their pros and cons - I generally use the 360 more for online and the PS3 is my blu ray player. Each has it's format specific games, so in the end I think it depends if there are any of those you really want to play which will determine your console purchase. For me i need both, too many awesome titles come out on only one format, like gears of war for 360 for instance and uncharted for PS3, but there are so many others...

Same as me essentially. Ive got all 3 consoles. My PS3 is now my glorified Blu Ray Player, My Wii sits there for when a new Zelda comes out and my Xbox gets used every other day.

...Ive actually been turning more to PC gaming but thats another thread.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
They don't get RRoD anymore because they removed the Red LEDs :p
Seriously though, my bf & his brother play a lot of Xbox & both have the Slims & have had no issues. All up he has had 3 RRoD but they were all earlier models.
He also has a PS3 but its only used as a Blu ray Player & for games that are not released on the 360.
I don't mind paying for Xbox live as I think it does eliminate a lot (but not all) of the idiots online.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for all your replies mates! I'm pretty much for the 360, and relieved to hear its not as disastrous as the earlier models. Looking forward to driving the Toll HSV Holden, the HSV W427 and the Monaro! :D Anyone else on Xbox Live? We can have some good racing! And don't worry, I'm not one of those idiots haha!