Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xr6 vs sv6 sidi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
With the number of units produced by all car manafacturers world wide it is hardly surprising that these companies spend big on R&D, retooling etc in order to gain the consumer dollar. Everytime I read a car mag there is something new, better and a seemingly sensational to purchase. For example the electric engine cars planned for the future such as the Jag C-X75 uses one electric engine per wheel and two small diesel engines to power the batteries. This car is expected to produce 582kw/1600nm and do 0-100 in 3.4sec and the 400 in 10.3sec. Both Ford and Holden need to get on this bandwagon too or else they will both be left in the scrapyard and this argument will be even more mute in the future than it is now.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
He is right though. The SIDI motor is detuned. In the states the 3.6 SIDI makes 230kw and ours has only 210kws.

That extra 20kws shouldnt be to hard to find with a tune! Then add CAI and exhuast and it will be really interesting!

I know what he said is right (being detuned), but the comparisons are between stock cars, not tuned cars.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Another xr6 vs sv6 sidi... as a lot has said about the sv6 being "detuned" and how the xr6 has more torque and a better gearbox granted that. I did make a remark to a similar thread about the 2 cars these 2 are that close to each other on the strip is not funny there's not much in them.

Ok like others have said sv6 = detuned which is true when you compare it to the US version and if you were to put the US version to the xr6...well I dont think this thread would exist :) But really the two cars are on par with each other one just has better fuel economy. Would be interesting to see what if the sidi was a 4.0L like the falcon..

Oh yeah the only thing I would take out of the xr6 and put it into my car would be the seats...there nice.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

:D :D :D :D :D :D

The same car has pulled similiar figures at a variety of different dyno's. Suck it :D

:rofl:

It must be failpost day.

Errrr. WTF??? FUDGED!!! No way does a SIDI pull that amount of torque. If you even have a BASIC understanding of how dynos work, you'll know that they measure torque and derive the kw figure from the torque they're measuring. So even if, as per that LS1 thread, you claim the torque figure is wrong, that's what the dyno is using to derive the kw figure. So it's all bloody wrong.

This graph is NOT from an SV6.

V6SIDI.jpg

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
how mant times are you going to be on a strip against a xr6 realy the difference is neglagible in the real world.
my 06 sv6 manual has beaten xr6 and others off the line when i get off to a good start and been trounced when i dont.
but i like it better that the falc so i bought.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
^^^^What the....^^^^^

At a second think about things that equates to roughly 215@flywheel which would be correct if it has better mufflers/pipes.

4th gear at 140km/hr,is that where they sign off roughly power wise?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
^^^^What the....^^^^^

Max torque at 60odd km/hr lol,wheres the topmount S/C?

Yeah, that dyno graph is so full of issues. You could give an elephant a paintbrush and some paper and it'd paint a more realistic graph.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
:rofl:

It must be failpost day.

Errrr. WTF??? FUDGED!!! No way does a SIDI pull that amount of torque. If you even have a BASIC understanding of how dynos work, you'll know that they measure torque and derive the kw figure from the torque they're measuring. So even if, as per that LS1 thread, you claim the torque figure is wrong, that's what the dyno is using to derive the kw figure. So it's all bloody wrong.

Stop being so one eye'd, read the thread or call up hallam performance and ask for an explanation.

The same car has also pulled similiar figures on different dyno's, and another VZ SS on the same night pulled 188rwkw :D :D So it's not a happy dyno. Hell my car untuned and on 91 ron with only pacemaker headers,mufflers pulled 150rwkw on a 30* day. I've got the dyno to prove it. Mines the non SIDI.

I know how much it must hurt, but SIDI's can pull more than 160rwkw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.