Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xyz coilovers

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
just got my set of xyz coilovers and the manual is so confusing how do i adjust them for ride height. if anyone has pics or can walk me through id really appreciate it. thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Will be the same as any other coilover, you can wind the spring seat down or you can adjust the base. I'd lower the spring seat. There should be two rings below the spring (they will be right up against each other), the top one adjusts for height and the bottom one locks the top one into place. Undo the bottom one the set your height with the top one, then tighten the bottom ring against the top ring. Easier if you just youtube it.

I like the MCA method:
Basically you take the spring out, install the shock and put the wheel on, then jack the wheel up. You then make adjustments to the base height (bottom screw thing which attaches to the knuckle) so that when the shock absorber is bottomed out the wheel is not making contact with any part of the car. Then you put the spring back in and change the spring seat height to get the desired ride height. You only have to do this on one side of the car as you just copy those measurements to the other.

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Will be the same as any other coilover, you can wind the spring seat down or you can adjust the base. I'd lower the spring seat. There should be two rings below the spring (they will be right up against each other), the top one adjusts for height and the bottom one locks the top one into place. Undo the bottom one the set your height with the top one, then tighten the bottom ring against the top ring. Easier if you just youtube it.

I like the MCA method:
Basically you take the spring out, install the shock and put the wheel on, then jack the wheel up. You then make adjustments to the base height (bottom screw thing which attaches to the knuckle) so that when the shock absorber is bottomed out the wheel is not making contact with any part of the car. Then you put the spring back in and change the spring seat height to get the desired ride height. You only have to do this on one side of the car as you just copy those measurements to the other.
thanks man ill have a look. just worried that i'll mess up the preload or something, should be good though cheers mate.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Don't need to worry about preload or anything like that (examples given in the video) as any extra springs are likely just helper springs, just as long as the springs are captive.

Last edited:

VKDirector

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2009 VESSV
nice one, which ones did you get and what price. let us know if your happy with them

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Super sport xyz just finished front

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
nice one, which ones did you get and what price. let us know if your happy with them
Update ride is actually way better than king springs and Monroe shockers just minor issue of rear having 2mm difference. If anyone goes ahead keep in mind rears are a pain as the preload setting they come with does not work as spring seat is sitting too high for tophat. Only way around is lowering spring seat quite a bit. Wish rears came with springs fitted

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
sounds good. look forward to some pics
Here’s pic of front 340mm from guard to half of wheel cap. Tyre tucks under guard but it’s rolled so plenty of clearance to turn steering at full lock and general driving on the road.

Attachments

• 1494A262-5C18-48D2-9741-BC265C17CE45.png
    1494A262-5C18-48D2-9741-BC265C17CE45.png
    1,000 KB · Views: 705