Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yay a problem

super_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Executive S2
this arvo i tried to put an ss lip on my rear bumper and after much mucking around to get it off i found i cant get the standard black lip off my bumper. i always thought it was a simple unclip and change but it doesnt seem so. the bumper has always been a touch darker than the rest of the car since i got it so i was thinking it may be a cheap replacement bumper and not a holden one, might have been crashed at some stage. ill attach some pics

Attachments

• full bumper.JPG
    full bumper.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 195
  • close inside.JPG
    close inside.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 181
  • close outside.JPG
    close outside.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 196
  • lip.JPG
    lip.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 207
  • lip close.JPG
    lip close.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 189

tri501

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
mate the ss lip fits over the top of the black part of your bumper. no need to remove the black part. just slip it over and put the screws in the end in the wheel well. i know because i just did it to mine.

sorry dude didn't realize you were trying to fit genuine skirt with the tabs. mine was an aftermarket fiberglass jobbie. no tabs on mine. sorry

Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
2 me ur bar doesnt look genuine coz in the genuine bar u will have tabs similar 2 wats on the skirt and these r fixed 2gether with scrivets. id say ur gonna have 2 do wat tri501 did and remove the tabs on the skirt