Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yella Terra Stealth Cooler

VYman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S SII s/c V6
gees bandsaw
questions, questions, questions
just be happy for the bloke

muvro

TUFF 6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1 L67 A4
I agree!!!!

Man you sure are pesamistic!!!

I've said it in another forum before, but I'll say it again. I am really sick of people having a hack at other people without any facts!!! You can't doubt what people say just because you don't think it adds up. People are way to fast to jump in and bag a person or company just because they have been ill informed or mislead in some sort of way.

The gains Storm can expect are minimal at best. The more mods you do to an engine will relaise smaller ans smaller gains as a percentage when something like the exhaust hasn't been upgraded. One of the main mods that need to be done to a blown engine is big exhaust! With out going over the top bigger is always better! So when the standard exhaust is retained the this is a MAJOR restriction. The overlap on that cam is extremely mild!!! Infact minorly different from the standard cam. The lift is also very minor. Given the result with the standard exhaust, with a well designed and free flowing exhaust we should see over 200rwkw.

One other thing, if you are going to consider the cost involved... The A2A setup is double the YT W2A setup Storm has. So given that fact alone and the relatively similar results. I can see which I would be leaning towards!!!

But lets keep the comparisons out of hear! This was (still is) a thread by Storm about his car!!!

If you have doubts about his claims keep it to PMs. Or gather factual information before the gums start flapping!

Tark

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
muvro said:
I agree!!!!

I've said it in another forum before, but I'll say it again. I am really sick of people having a hack at other people without any facts!!! You can't doubt what people say just because you don't think it adds up. People are way to fast to jump in and bag a person or company just because they have been ill informed or mislead in some sort of way.

The gains Storm can expect are minimal at best. The more mods you do to an engine will relaise smaller ans smaller gains as a percentage when something like the exhaust hasn't been upgraded. One of the main mods that need to be done to a blown engine is big exhaust! With out going over the top bigger is always better! So when the standard exhaust is retained the this is a MAJOR restriction. The overlap on that cam is extremely mild!!! Infact minorly different from the standard cam. The lift is also very minor. Given the result with the standard exhaust, with a well designed and free flowing exhaust we should see over 200rwkw.

One other thing, if you are going to consider the cost involved... The A2A setup is double the YT W2A setup Storm has. So given that fact alone and the relatively similar results. I can see which I would be leaning towards!!!

But lets keep the comparisons out of hear! This was (still is) a thread by Storm about his car!!!

If you have doubts about his claims keep it to PMs. Or gather factual information before the gums start flapping!

Tark

:clapping: 100% agreed, well said!

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
muvro said:
I agree!!!!

Tark

G'day Tark, I can agree with you on most of these issues here, some people just cant understand the time and money these fellas pour into there beloved toys.
YT are making good headway with all there product, especially there Water to Air inter coolers and will improve even more over time, I'm sure.
Reading through this thread it seems to me that Bandsaw must be someone
put up to this from a competitor in the supercharger race.
I must say thou, what was said about the graph could be seen as a valid point but i somehow doubt it.
It is fantastic that Storm has taken the time to show the whole commodore community the development and results, coz as you know we all like to see stuff like this and it inspires others to take a similar path with there own cars.
I am also inclined to think that some of the posts here made by Storm are about blowing Chip Controls trumpet more than showing the commodore community his results, and some would see it as free advertising.
Scotty from Chip Control is a personal friend of mine, As I got him started in
the area of chip tuning Delco engine management systems with training and support five to six years ago, so i know what his capabilities are.
He has been using my own Dyno Dynamis chassis dyno for most of those years until recently when he decided to purchase his own.
We have also spent quite a bit of time together nutting out engine management issues.
Tark you comment about bigger is aways better, I somehow can't agree with that, if a wide overlap exhaust lobe is used for the purpose of lowering the
dynamic compression of an engine to reduce cylinder pressure so that more ignition advance can be used at peak torque, my opinion is that this is not the
best way of achieving maximum results with a blown engine, I personally think more focus should be placed on camshaft timing events for best results.
Tark the standard camshaft has a duration @ 50 of 206 deg as opposed to the intense camshaft which has 221 deg duration @ 50, to me this is quite
larger especially in an engine that runs a closed plenum intake.
And finally Tark getting away from all of this I was just wondering how your going with you turbo progress
and if you had made any headway with it yet as I would be very keen to see that TO4Z strapped to an ecotec.

Cheers Lou.

Last edited:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Man this thread is turning into a real shitfight...

Storm I hope this doesn't discourage you from posting your further accomplishments with your car...cause I'd really like to hear about them. :thumbsup:

And I agree with you about your exhaust... a stock exhaust is going to hold back any extra exhaust scavanging effects that the newer cam has... keep up the good work !:w00t:

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
Hi guys, working backwards ;)

@VN Calais 5.0: Just don the flame suit :flame: I'd be, as many others would, be very interested in your project. That Torana is a gun! :w00t:

@sixshooter: I'm not discourged at all :) There is always going to be people that feel the need to knock other peoples efforts. At the same time there are people that like to see what others have achieved, thus helping them to shape ideas that can work for them.

@Blue-Chip: Hmmm, sounds like you have something personal going against Scotty. I put these threads up to show geniunely interested people how I am going with my endevours. It's part of the fun discussing outcomes and such as it can lead to more exciting things in the future. I give Chip Control a good rap because they have always looked after my interests and Scotty is just such an easy person do to business with. I'm sure that people on these forums want to know who the good guys in this industry are so they don't get burnt. I've got no problems in sharing my fantastic experiences with others so they can get the same benefit as I have got.

@Tark: Thanks mate. You've always been a well of useful information for me and many others. Keep up the good work! :bow:

@bandsaw: I've asked Scotty for a full chart and the torque figures. When I get them I'll post them here.

@VYman: I'm waiting patiently to see how your beast performs once you get some spare time to fit your new goodies :yeah:

Update
The blower and intake manifold are being ported as I speak so it will be interesting to see what gains will be made, especially with the current exhaust situation. Yeah I know, get the exhaust done I hear you say :p That will be coming hopefully sooner rather than later.

Ciao ...

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
Storm said:
Hi guys, working backwards ;)

@VN Calais 5.0: Just don the flame suit :flame: I'd be, as many others would, be very interested in your project. That Torana is a gun! :w00t:

@sixshooter: I'm not discourged at all :) There is always going to be people that feel the need to knock other peoples efforts. At the same time there are people that like to see what others have achieved, thus helping them to shape ideas that can work for them.

@Blue-Chip: Hmmm, sounds like you have something personal going against Scotty. I put these threads up to show geniunely interested people how I am going with my endevours. It's part of the fun discussing outcomes and such as it can lead to more exciting things in the future. I give Chip Control a good rap because they have always looked after my interests and Scotty is just such an easy person do to business with. I'm sure that people on these forums want to know who the good guys in this industry are so they don't get burnt. I've got no problems in sharing my fantastic experiences with others so they can get the same benefit as I have got.

@Tark: Thanks mate. You've always been a well of useful information for me and many others. Keep up the good work! :bow:

@bandsaw: I've asked Scotty for a full chart and the torque figures. When I get them I'll post them here.

@VYman: I'm waiting patiently to see how your beast performs once you get some spare time to fit your new goodies :yeah:

Update
The blower and intake manifold are being ported as I speak so it will be interesting to see what gains will be made, especially with the current exhaust situation. Yeah I know, get the exhaust done I hear you say :p That will be coming hopefully sooner rather than later.

Ciao ...

G'day storm, Like i have said earlier in the post that I consider Scotty as a
good friend, so why on earth would you say that I have anything against him
considering he was over at my place having a beer less than 24 hours ago.
I helped him load up some new software last night before he went out to do
a job. I did not say anything about yourself or Scotty that should be looked
upon in bad context, so if you know something that i don't Please just say it
Just like all forums you are going to get a diverse mix of people and the all have the right to there opinion, that's the nature of the beast, there is no point getting upset with people or making judgement based on a post in a public forum, thats just silly man.

Cheers Lou.

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
That's cool man, it's just the way I read it. Things come across differently to what's intended sometimes in a text based environment. I guess now we know where we both stand, so lets get back to the original topic ...

Ciao ...