Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yella Terra Stealth Cooler

T

Tradewind

Interesting point about the hydraulic lock possibilities, one cup of IC liquid and instant bent conrods etc :( I think the FIT system is a safer bet in this respect

Storm with your mods and tune it is suprisingly low power, but that said the exhaust will be doing the big hold back, there would have to be 15kw waiting there for you. The L67 seems to be a hard motor to make big power from, the ECOTEC with a blower make more powa easier.

muvro

TUFF 6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1 L67 A4
The YT snout is interchangable between the YT blowers and the L67 blower.

One of the biggest advantages of the YT snout is the ability to fit any size pulley you want. You don't have to machine the snout, and you don't have to use pulley removal tools etc. Just four allen head bolts.

I have one for my blower and it looks HORN!!!

Storm... That engine bay looks GREAT!!! Real clean, and you can't even notice the cooler is in there. Looks totally stock!

Awesome results too. That exhaust will be holding back that figure heaps!!!

1 3/4 paceys and dual 2.5" system will make a huge difference!!!!! Get that thing breathing and you'll be shocked at the difference!

I reckon 200+ would almost be a certanty!!!:driving:

Top job Storm!!!

Tark

D

De Racer

Had big chats with HM today lol, U need the HM supercharged Headers and twin 2.5" system, U will cain with that bro, big numbers ready and waiting to go lol

VYman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S SII s/c V6
Hey VN Calais 5.0 & Storm
Got my stealth cooler today
If you have any tips on installation pass them on
dont want to stuff anything up

bandsaw

Reaction score
Storm said:
The current mods list:

Intense Stage 1X Blower Cam
Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Lifters OE R Series
Comp Cams Moly Retainers
Comp Cams Valve Springs #105
Corvette Servo (2nd Apply Piston)
Yella Terra Blower Snout
Yella Terra 71mm Pulley
Yella Terra Stealth Intercooler
110mm Cold Air Induction Pipe
82 Degrees Celsius Thermostat
K&N Filter Panel
Kalmaker Custom Tune by Chip Control

Ciao ...

Wow storm you must really love your car, having done all those mods with an exhaust system in the pipeline, whould you get much change out of 10 G's ?

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
@VYman: It's pretty easy, just take your time. If in doubt just PM me for help.

@bandsaw: Yes, I love messing around with the car :) I haven't spent has much as you think. If I keep going it will get there though!

Ciao ...

bandsaw

Reaction score
Storm said:
@VYman: It's pretty easy, just take your time. If in doubt just PM me for help.

@bandsaw: Yes, I love messing around with the car :) I haven't spent has much as you think. If I keep going it will get there though!

Ciao ...

Storm, the car looks very nice, however the power output doesn't seem to be so great with all the mods you have undertaken.
The cam your using CAM-671 - INTENSE™ Stage 1X Blower Cam, duration @ .050": 210º/221º, lobe lifts: .321"/.329", valve lifts with 1.60:1 rocker arms: .514"/.526", lobe separation angle: 115º, intake centerline: 111º
is fairly large on the exhaust side so I would imagine that is the only reason
your getting those figures without a good exhaust, if the dyno graph is genuine.
Why I say the the figures ain't great is in comparison to some of FIT power
figure without a cam your lacks behind.
Anyway it will be interesting to see how the graph changes with a better exhaust, so good luck and keep trying.

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
Like I have stated before, the exhaust I have got is a major bottleneck that is holding me back. Most of the FIT cars that are pulling good power with the A2A have a good free flowing exhaust system and 1.9:1 ratio rockers. That combination will yeild more power than a choked up cam. Things will be a different story when I get a nice exhaust system put on. The car as it is went from 171rwkw to 186rwkw with the cooler, and trust me, Chip Control's dyno is accurate as you get, not like some of the happy fellas I've seen around the traps. Also quite a few of the mods I have don't add power at all but support mods that do!

Ciao ...

bandsaw

Reaction score
Storm said:
Like I have stated before, the exhaust I have got is a major bottleneck that is holding me back. Most of the FIT cars that are pulling good power with the A2A have a good free flowing exhaust system and 1.9:1 ratio rockers. That combination will yeild more power than a choked up cam. Things will be a different story when I get a nice exhaust system put on. The car as it is went from 171rwkw to 186rwkw with the cooler, and trust me, Chip Control's dyno is accurate as you get, not like some of the happy fellas I've seen around the traps. Also quite a few of the mods I have don't add power at all but support mods that do!

Ciao ...

Storm, I understand what you have stated but having said that, the cam your using with fairly large exhaust overlap and almost similar lift to what 1.9 :1 RR's would achieve with a standard cam, so you would have an advantage.
The W2A would also be a good thing, However the dyno would only be as accurate as the operator chooses to be and the reason I said if the graph is
accurate was because I recall reading a thread on street commodore.
In that thread it said that your air intake snorkel was removed and that the engine was drawing hot air denigrating your power output, coz of the high
under bonnet temperatures, well if there was high under bonnet temperature the
air temp correction probe would also see these high temperatures, and the higher the temp read by the probe, the higher the power figure the dyno would show.
I was just wondering if this is why your dyno graph only displays power and fuel/air ratio and missing all other relevant info that's normally displayed on the bottom of the graph, it's just sparked my curiosity that's all.
So could you please display a proper graph with all relevant info so that there is no reason to doubt your claims.

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
bandsaw said:
Storm, I understand what you have stated but having said that, the cam your using with fairly large exhaust overlap and almost similar lift to what 1.9 :1 RR's would achieve with a standard cam, so you would have an advantage.
The W2A would also be a good thing, However the dyno would only be as accurate as the operator chooses to be and the reason I said if the graph is
accurate was because I recall reading a thread on street commodore.
In that thread it said that your air intake snorkel was removed and that the engine was drawing hot air denigrating your power output, coz of the high
under bonnet temperatures, well if there was high under bonnet temperature the
air temp correction probe would also see these high temperatures, and the higher the temp read by the probe, the higher the power figure the dyno would show.
I was just wondering if this is why your dyno graph only displays power and fuel/air ratio and missing all other relevant info that's normally displayed on the bottom of the graph, it's just sparked my curiosity that's all.
So could you please display a proper graph with all relevant info so that there is no reason to doubt your claims.
Okay buddy... Firstly, how about you read threads properly, then you'd see it wasn't my car that had the snorkle off, it was someone elses. I did put a post in that thread though so that's where you're confused.

Secondly, sorry, but the exhaust is holding the cam back and it is fair to say that 1.9:1 ratio rockers and a free flowing exhaust would perform better than my current setup. When I get the exhaust done then you'll see the cam operating at it's full potential and it won't have a problem with lack of flow. You go on to say that the cam has a fairly large exhaust overlap. What good is that going to be with a very restrictive exhaust? It's an issue that I will fix in time but I'm not made of $$$.

Thirdly, are you trying to infer that my power figures are fudged? How about you ring Scotty and let him give you the low down. I don't know why the bottom part of the graph is missing but if it's going to cause you to lose sleep over it then I'll get him to send me another one.

I really get the impression that 'someone' has put you up to this.

Ciao ...