Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yet another error code question :(

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
thekow said:
A new error just popped up ? this doesnt make sense either , the other day my engine light and tracion control OFF light came on and went off
when i checked the error i get , 5 flash , small pause , 7 flash , small pause, 1 long pause , 1, long pause (repeats) . Still doesnt match up with any of the codes ive seen

Same thing happened to my VX while driving back home on Christmas Day. It also kept disabling the cruise control on the highway without warning (much to my annoyance and those behind me :D ).

End story was the traction control. Took the plug off and blew the absolute crapo out of it and NEVER seen the problem since but seeing as how your DTC are now normal perhaps they looked at it also during your car service.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Doctor Bob said:
when flashing codes from the VX the 10 flashes indicates a zero & as VX codes are all 4 digits your code is 0012.... normal system operation

Rob
Sweet. Thanks Dr Bob.
I've been trying to find out about this for a year.
I rang holden a while back and they said they didn't have a clue and I'd have to take the car in to them.

thekow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s2
Thanks tiger where abouts is the plug for the trac control?
I will reset the ecu again and see if it decides to play up , it hasn;t done it since the first time so no idea.