Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your Biggest Crash??

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
well since u bumped it ill make use of it. was passenger in mates vx when we got rear ended by a corolla.

2636_1088605989854_1667593213_247362_5645205_n.jpg

2636_1088606549868_1667593213_247365_7673729_n.jpg

2636_1088606029855_1667593213_247363_7428996_n.jpg

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Feb of this year stopped to let a car make a turn, woman travelling behind wasnt paying attention or something and in a people mover with a bullbar smashed into the rear of my VT at 100km while i was stopped. Pushed us far down the road, rooted my car which caught fire and burnt my vehicle out. The fact noone died was unbelievable, but noone got out unscathed.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
Driving home with a mate, it was raining. Just got my license and the VS 1 week prior and was being a dumbass. Hit a pole at about 60kmph def a write off but did end up fixing it.

24q7j9l.jpg

Lesson learnt: I am not Mark Skaife.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
This isn't mine, but it looks like my Adventra. I am not sure what happened to this car, but whatever it was, looks like the car lost big-time.

Attachments

• Damaged Adventra.jpg
    Damaged Adventra.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 492

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I have been driving for just over 8 years and never had a crash in a car, i have however been in a bad crash on a motorbike.
A P plater turned accross oncoming traffic and i went straight into the side of her car at 60kmph.
Ended up with alot of broken bones in my ribs, back, shoulder, shattered my right hip, ruptured my splean, bruised most other internal organs and also got a very severe head injury which was bleeding and bruising on my brain which i still have a long recovery to get through.

Only have a few pics of my bike but it basically landed tail end first and twisted the exhaust, subframe, frame and bent the rear wheel. plus a few obvious dents in the tank etc.
DSC02048.JPG

DSC02044-3.JPG

DSC02052-3.JPG

DSC02043-3.JPG

I was extremely lucky to cheat death, extremely extremely lucky infact. Ive been told by doctors that if i were 10mins later to hospital i would of died from internal bleeding, They didnt think i was gonna live past the first 24 hours as they had a doc or 2 with me as i wasnt even stable for 10mins at a time, They attempted to wake me up from the induced coma after 2 weeks but my heart rate n blood pressure etc went through the roof like i was having a severe heart attack so i was put back under for a further 5 days.

All in all Im just lucky oh and women cant drive :p
But i still am madly in love with bikes and hopefully one day ill be able to get back on one :)

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
I wrote my vx off in Feb :(
There was oil on a wet corner.. I was only doing about 40-50kms and the rear kicked out.
I'm so incredibly lucky for a few reasons
- there was no oncoming traffic, I hit a tree rather than roll down a 15m bank behind the tree, My kids were NOT in the car & I wasn't fined.

674dac50.jpg

3d439cb7.jpg

4602670f.jpg

I also was snipered by the local paper photographer.. They published a nice story. In a half page story they mentioned P Plates 3 times, published a photo displaying the plates and also mentioned it in the caption as if the only reason I crashed was because of that.
I also was uninjured & my car was fine to drive away after. ( Unless they were referring to the tow truck it was towed away on. The doors on the drivers side didnt even open anymore..lol )

Last edited:

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Never had a crash but went to pick up some stuff for a mate and smelt something burning. Came out and there was flames coming out from under the bonnet. Write-off

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Nearly got wiped out by some idiot stuffing about with his GPS on the way home today. Three lanes one way and he's in the middle lane, i'm three car lengths behind him for about four hundred metres. I noticed his erratic driving, including slowing to below fifty and veering etc. I clear the set of lights before my right turn, check the lane doesn't have cars parked in it, and notice the guy slow down again in front of me. I'm about the same distance behind him and he doesn't seem to know where he's going. I indicate for about two seconds and merge as the right lane is empty. I'm about fifty or so metres from my turn and this guy merges on top of me, the nose of my car level with his door. No indicator, no shoulder check, just merges. If it wasn't for the ABS my car would have spun into the traffic or various other poles on the footpath. No "sorry"wave, he just kept on driving as if nothing had just happened. I caught up with him at the next set of lights and put the wind up him. I would like to get home to my wife and daughter tonight thanks very much matey!

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Been lucky enough to not have crashed a car on the road to date. Did have a bad crash last year on my bike though. Wrote off my beloved Mint Condition Yamaha R6. Came off on a sweeping bend at about 120. Head was the first thing to hit and was knocked out and went superman'ing through the air. I somehow managed to walk away with nothing broken. Had swelling around my spine and couldnt bend my fingers on my left hand for about a week as where I went down on the left side it bent the clutch lever around my fingers (you can see where my fingers were in one of the pics). Last pics shows my bike in its former glory
P5230716.jpg

P5230717.jpg

P5230720.jpg

P5230725.jpg

P5230727.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
On mother's day in 2007 I had a fight with my girlfriend. Was driving home and hit the highway barriers at 180kmph (the speedo dial stuck), spun out 6 times (according to witnesses) and the skid marks for several hundred meters. I uprooted the 6 steel metal barriers. I remember coming out of the car, dusting myself off and putting on my sunglasses. The cops who arrived on the scene were expecting to see a corpse and had come with bodybags. They didnt believe that I was the only driver since the junior officer on the scene said all the windows were blown out by the airbags.
The only injury I had after 3 xrays was a bruise on my hand and some dizziness.
The police 'interview' said that if I was in a lesser car, they be talking to my parents and infoming them of my death.

Made me realize how much power and responsibility comes with driving. Sadly, the mother's day gift I bought for my mum was not salvageable.

I had just bought brand new tyres 24hrs before and it was my last BMW i ever drove