Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your least liked automotive law

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Dont know if its the same in all states but my understanding of the insurance you get when you pay car rego is just for the medical bills, Not damage to vehicles.

Just to set the record straight there are 3 forms of insurance in Queensland,

(1) Third Party Insurance included in the Registration charge, covers for Personal Injury including, but not limited to, Hospital and Medical expences, loss of income, personal loss.

(2) Third Party Property covers for damage you cause in the event of a smash but does not cover your vehicle.

(3) Comprehensive Insurance covers for all damage to your car and the other damage you cause.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Just to set the record straight there are 3 forms of insurance in Queensland,

(1) Third Party Insurance included in the Registration charge, covers for Personal Injury including, but not limited to, Hospital and Medical expences, loss of income, personal loss.

(2) Third Party Property covers for damage you cause in the event of a smash but does not cover your vehicle.

(3) Comprehensive Insurance covers for all damage to your car and the other damage you cause.

Didnt know it covered loss of income and personal loss, Good to know. Cheers dude.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
well its in the road laws, so this counts.

the Cycling laws regarding 12+ year olds not being allowed to ride on the footpath. (yet mixed and cycle paths are fine)

LOL have to agree, at a major intersection near me they painted a dividing line along the middle of the path, now they are going to cut away the 2yr old lay-back at the intersections to "widen" them as they are not the regulatory 1.4m wide, some are only 20cm narrow at around 1.2m.
The world has gone crazy with all this ****.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I hate how roadworks speed limit signs are put up a Kilometer before where the actual roadworks are being done and are left there over the weekend when nobody is doing any work there and there are no hazards there that should require a slow speed limit.
Another stupid road rule is when on a 2 lane road there are arrows for everyone to merge into the right lane before an intersection and then you have to merge back into the left lane 100 meters up the road to turn left. People turning left should be able to just stay in the left lane.

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
was reading in a cabbie mag couple months ago where the older style taxi plates that have the old lpg sticker must be replaced with a metal stamp as its classified as a fire hazard, to which my dad driving a cab one day got defected on the spot for not changing the sticker lol,

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Not compulsory here either, in my opinion FULL cover should be compulsory.

Cant afford insurance? Then you cant afford a car.

If everyone had full cover it would probably pull the premiums down and make it more affordable for everyone.

But putting $800 worth of full comp on a $1000 daily is a bit pointless. When you can go third part for $300, pay their bills through insurance then scrap your car. And end up $700 a year ahead.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Maybe the question should be what automotive law do you like. There are so many pathetic automotive laws I don't know where to begin.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
I like drink driving laws.. But wish the penalties were harsher.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Cops should hand out bus tickets to people that can't drive.

I hate having to completely stop at Stop signs. I wish it were completely legal to slowly creep through them, because its a real hassle in a manual to stop and sometimes in busy traffic I miss a good gap.
Sometimes the stops signs are in silly places too, like ninety percent of the time you have to stop anyway because it is so busy. I feel the sign is there just because of too many crashes when the crashes accure from careless driving not because its hard to see/what have you.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
oh, i found out this one from when doing a licence and it made me laugh.
havent confirmed it but.
in Vic you can turn left at any Red Light so long as it is safe.
condition: it needs to be signed to say you can do such a thing.
is there even one of these signs in Vic? the answer has 2 letters, and it is not "yes" :p

Edit: found it. it's under rule 56 in the 2009 road rules in Vic
(1A) However, if the traffic lights are at an intersection
with a left turn on red after stopping sign and the
driver is turning left at the intersection, the driver
may turn left after stopping.