Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your mates ex

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Yeh for sure. Theres no way I would disrespect one of my mates.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I had a very similar experience as you, if you really treasure your mates friendship i would go and ask him what he thinks before you dive in if you know what i mean.

Good luck. And if ever in doubt. Mates before dates, Bros before Hoes whatever analgy you want to stick by.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
yeh I would definately be having a word to him if something was going to happen. But as I said i have gotta be sure something will happen else I will look stupid.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
90% of these situations will result in a 'bad experience', but maybe your one of the 10%

57% of statistics are made up on the spot........

seriously tho, Don't go there. If there still hooking up, it'll still happen even if your with her.

Its a tipical rule that you stay away from mates ex's, although i had one where, you touch her, you take her (and no swap backs:p ), she's all yours!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I guess it depends on how much of a mate this guy is if you don't like him much go for it but be prepared to have him really pi$$ed at you and ready to kill you. Who would you rather lose the chick as a potential g/f or the mate? Weigh up which one of them is more important and then make your decision.

Personally I wouldn't go there, I sure you could find another girl. But in saying this I have no experience in this stuff, I married the same guy I have been with since I was 15 lol.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
But in saying this I have no experience in this stuff, I married the same guy I have been with since I was 15 lol.

Wow! Thats rare for a couple that young to stay together. good effort!

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Why dont you try to get a peice of these one nighters on the side??? Maybe shes keen for it and your mate will finally get over it? But then again nah i'd steer clear. Maybe just be her friend and try to hook up with her friend haha

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd steer clear..depends if you want to stay mates with this guy...besides if she is doing one nighters now(being under the influence makes no difference) can you trust her if your together? :)

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
What do people think about going for your good mates ex girlfriend? Ive heard different views from some people. Some say dont even go there you would be a bad friend to do that. And some just say if they're not together anymore then go for it.

My situation:

My good mate hasnt been with his ex for about a year. He didnt treat her very well during the break up. They have seen each other for one nighters every now and then though. I have been becoming good friends with her over the last year and am starting to really like her. Her best friend is trying to get us together and doesnt see a problem with it. I have no idea how my mate would react if I made a move on her and something happened. He hasnt been with her for a year but still sees her on the odd occasion as drunken one nighters.

What are your views?

This sounds so familiar :cry: