Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your mates ex

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
man... if you really like her, shes what you want, she amkes you happy, you think about her, you post **** on a internet site... im thinking you should go for it. Ask her... she says she likes you, tell your mate, if her cant deal with it, he aint a mate! simple!

hava go matey, i would!

dont worry about the one nighters... couples stay emotionally attached until they are replaced. If you knwo anything about computers, consider bit flagging, the data which is deleted remains on your harddrive until the bit is reassigned, it is simply unflagged. Same with GF's you still emotionally attached until she or you becomes reassigned and reflagged! She wants sex, he wants sex, they have done it before.... simple! it doesn't mean ****!

aZk says go!

aZk.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
bro's before hoe's

she's just using you to get at you mate still,

if they can bleed once a month and dont die, they must be evil!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its just my personal opinion, so dont take it to heart. but i believe even thinking about a relationship with a good mates ex is very disrespectfull to your mate.
it wouldnt matter if they stopped going out 10 years ago, or 10 days, its a no fly-zone and comletely off limits.
there are certain respectfull boundaries good mates should observe between one-another and that is they should never mess around with - their girlfriend (current or ex), their sister(s), and potential girlfriends (girls you know that they like and are "courting").
think with your head and not with your....well you know, and you'll see that going after this girl is the wrong thing to do.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
sounds far too complicated to work... a relationship is hard enough to manage without throwing in a whole heap of extra factors.

PMSL @ the bit flagging analogy... thats so funny aZk... :rofl:

but no... seriously... steer clear of the whole thing I think. On the other hand... if you don't ask, you don't get! I see no harm in mentioning to your mate that you think she's a bit of alright and see how he reacts. He might be totally OK with you chasing her and you might end up wondering why you didn't just check with him sooner :D

but definitely don't go after the girl without your mates knowledge... sure fire way to lose a mate, and possibly even get decked in the process!

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
what is wrong with people, stay away from this female bad news is stamped all over it! only hooking up while drunk LOL LOL LOL sorry but do you drink? if so then you'd know theres no excuse for what you do while drunk, does that mean when she gets pissed she'll run off to her ex?

be a mate and stay away, otherwise you may as well give him a boot to the nuts while you trying to take his girl. (i know they broke up but why is she still screwing him ey)

mates don't touch other mates g/f or ex/gf's there is no time limit on it you just don't do it unless you don't respect your mates.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I think this thread should be moved to the "My Ride" section :yeah:

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
57% of statistics are made up on the spot........

seriously tho, Don't go there. If there still hooking up, it'll still happen even if your with her.

Its a tipical rule that you stay away from mates ex's, although i had one where, you touch her, you take her (and no swap backs:p ), she's all yours!

83% of people believe them though.

As for the girl - will probably turn bad. It depends on how close you are to your mate and how bad you need a root.

Reaper

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I think it really depends on the person.

If anyone went out with *my* ex, I'd tell them they were nuts because she's a psychopathic schiztophrenic bitch and in 2 weeks time they'll know exactly what I mean.

But I think it really depends on circumstances. If I was going out with someone (more pleasant than my ex, anyway), we broke up, and she got together with one of my friends within a month or two, I'd be pretty pissed off. If a reasonable period of time went by - say, 6 months, and the relationship was well and truly in the past, then I wouldn't be too bothered to see her get together with a friend, although if I knew she was a trouble-maker, or if he was, then I'd say something simply for the benefit of their relationship.

It may simply be that the ex, and the other bloke would be a better match than I would have been.

But I'll never have to worry about this stuff since I'm getting married in 52 days :D

Unless someone I know tries to get together with my psycho of an ex, in which case I'll tell them they're nuts...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
What do people think about going for your good mates ex girlfriend? Ive heard different views from some people. Some say dont even go there you would be a bad friend to do that. And some just say if they're not together anymore then go for it.

My situation:

My good mate hasnt been with his ex for about a year. He didnt treat her very well during the break up. They have seen each other for one nighters every now and then though. I have been becoming good friends with her over the last year and am starting to really like her. Her best friend is trying to get us together and doesnt see a problem with it. I have no idea how my mate would react if I made a move on her and something happened. He hasnt been with her for a year but still sees her on the odd occasion as drunken one nighters.

What are your views?

Mate only way to deal with this is to ask your mate what he thinks. You will have to face the music some time if you wish to keep your friend so now is better than later. If he is a good bloke he will appreciate you being straight up. Put yourself in his shoes if he went behind your back how would you feel. From some of your other posts I can tell there's not a lot of choice where you're from so there is less to choose from. In a captial ciy I would say find someone else but it's just not that easy in the country. The break up was bad and that really complicates things he probably doesn't want her to close if you get what I mean could be uncomfortable. Most blokes don't say how they feel so you may need to get his real view out of him.