Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on electrical tools

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
TCd4C.jpg

6XBY9.jpg

rqffv.jpg

BWg4T.jpg

Ezyys.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
if your going to get a cordless drill i recommend panasonic

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I will put my milwaukee tools up against Hitachi anyday, milwaukee have battery guages on the batteries so oyu know how much charge you have left, drills have more grunt, impact driver well my 18v drives 150mm bugle screws into railway sleepers that my brothers 18v hitachi wont even look at, the milwaukee radio will drown out anything else of the market, with a modification you can make it into a charger like the dewault as well. My little M12 impact driver is great to fit wall plates off with esp if your doing a couple of dozen on a job saves your wrist alot.

Channel Lock pliers are what I was trying to think about this morning, trouble is they are expensive and if you cut through a live wire they are buggered.

I bought a new set of fibreglass rods recently which came with somde handy attachments including a flashing LED bullet head to locate it in walls.

Finally the best of all tools I have and the cheapest a Cabac Green Donkey a must have!!! they make a good pair of cable cutting pliers

scott

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
For battery tools:

My brother owns a kitchen company and the cabinet makers there have been thru nearly every battery brand there is. Milwaukee 18v (3.0 ah) seem to last the best. I have a kit that I use for site works rectifying stuff for work and they have been great. Milwaukee Power Tools. Buy 1 or 2 batteries and then the "skins" which will save you a bomb. Whatever brand you choose, stick with the 1 brand and cycle the batteries. Most are selling skins these days which means you aren't paying for a heap of batteries and chargers that you really don't need. Don't be cheap - get the 3ah batteries. The 1.5ah just don't have the life.

Reaper

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
yeah i just brought a 18v AEG drill with 3 x 3ah batteries, i like it haven't really heard that much about AEG though

thanks for all the pictures =]

why are channellock's so good? much of a differance compared to cresent?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
why are channellock's so good? much of a differance compared to cresent?

hand grips probably. they felt to rubbery to me.
its all personal preference really.

AEG are pretty good, i havent personally used them but ive heard good things about them.
and if you work for the right companies, you only have to supply your own hand tools, work supplies all power tools.
having like 7 batteries in waiting is awesome though. until you realise every single one of them is flat.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
how are they to use? that will be one of the first things i want to upgrade

where would be the best place on the net to get prices on all this, ebay?

I love them. I've used wattmaster, felo and SP screwdrivers and the SP's are the better of all three. The felo's tend to break when you put a bit of pressure on them (i snapped the end of the phillips screwdriver off pretty easy), the wattmaster's tips wear out really fast too. The SP ones came in a pack of about 8 with various miniature flat/phillips and your normal sizes as well for about $90 from total tools.

I buy hand tools from Total tools - a friend has a very good account with them so I get things at a nice price. As for power tools I bought 3x genuine batteries for $300 from america, then bought an impact driver, hammer drill, torch and grinder (all 18v) for half the price they wanted in stores AND scored a tax invoice for all of it bar the batteries.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
I have Milwaukee, I like them and a 5 year warranty is hard to go past but if I didn't buy the Milwaukee it would have been a makita. One of the boys at work has one and its been abused pretty hard and still works perfectly, even his cordless recip saw had water running through it and still works like new.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Marvel pliers Are the Bomb Digitty
Personally Since my work Has All of Dewalt Im a Dewalt fan
Those Drills Have insane Power

Best grinder ive used is a Metabo By far

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
As a Auto Sparky.
Fluke multi-meter!
Snap on screwdrivers/ratchets set.
I own a Bosch cordless drill find it very good not one problem with it.
Also invest in some good flush cutters pliers
I use Cresent side cutters there not bad they do the job.
Wire strippers very good investments.
Spring type crimp tools.
Test light (my Bread & butter)